• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2011 Weddings

Tell me what you think

I am doing STD's for a friend and want to know what you ladies think.

Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
Anniversary
Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero

Re: Tell me what you think

• I like them!
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    100 books in 2012 - progress 35/100 my read shelf:
    Missy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • i like!
    image image
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • I like them!

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Super cute! I love the bright orange =) Nice and Halloween-y but without being too theme-y!
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Looks good.  Do they have a wedding website?  If so, I would include that on the STD.
    September 2011 March Siggy Challenge
    We had a great Wedding Party
    image image
  • Yes, they do have a website. I am going to put that on the back. It is a postcard.

I wanted to make sure I wasn't losing my mind, because she didn't seem to impressed, and only had bad things to say.
    Anniversary
  • What were her specific concerns?

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • You are not loosing your mind, but she may be loosing her free help if she is not greatful for what you are doing for her.
    image image
  • She was not happy with the color of the outline of the box, and other than that she didn't like the lack of info. But Like I had explained to her that It would all be on the back, plus this wasn't an invite, that's what formal invites are for.

Heather- That made me laugh!! So true!
    Anniversary
  • I think it looks clean and simple, which is a very good thing. Hopefully your friend can convey what she'd like changed in a grateful manner. She should be happy to have your help, I think they're adorable!
  • Thanks Ladies! I appreciate it! I knew you would all tell me if there was something wrong or I missed something!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2011-weddings_tell-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:649Discussion:94b19537-1caf-422e-9f89-8639830f399fPost:a185d624-d4af-4575-b349-aa494ef6fe60">Re: Tell me what you think</a>:
    [QUOTE]She was not happy with the color of the outline of the box, and other than that she didn't like the lack of info. But Like I had explained to her that It would all be on the back, plus this wasn't an invite, that's what formal invites are for. Heather- That made me laugh!! So true!
    Posted by medusia00[/QUOTE]

Oh, well, those things sound silly.  I really like the outline of the box, and I love that you have the orange, but its not in your face Halloween.

One of my bff/bms did my STD for free.  When she showed me the first design, while I appreciated the work that she did, it really wasn't my style at all.  So we talked about what would reflect me and Mike more.  It seems like she just has a few nitpicky things, though.

I would show her what the back is going to look like.  Are you going to design her invitation?  Maybe you could show her the difference between the std and the invitation, then.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2011-weddings_tell-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:649Discussion:94b19537-1caf-422e-9f89-8639830f399fPost:39492f6b-5498-4b00-9204-7cc2393bf006">Re: Tell me what you think</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me what you think : Oh, well, those things sound silly.  I really like the outline of the box, and I love that you have the orange, but its not in your face Halloween. One of my bff/bms did my STD for free.  When she showed me the first design, while I appreciated the work that she did, it really wasn't my style at all.  So we talked about what would reflect me and Mike more.  It seems like she just has a few nitpicky things, though. I would show her what the back is going to look like.  Are you going to design her invitation?  Maybe you could show her the difference between the std and the invitation, then.
    Posted by MRads[/QUOTE]

That's what I said, Tell me what's wrong but she didn't say anything. Just didn't seem excited about it or happy to see I had it done.

I am doing her invites too, and she has seen them. So she know's the difference and she saw the STD and invites I did for my wedding. I don't know. I'm just going to back off it until she tells me what's wrong with them, or decides she wants them printed.

Just a little taken back I guess, I would have reacted a lot differently.
    Anniversary
  • Hopefully she is just stressed with the Holidays and will come around and be happy after the first of the year.   Tis the season to be jolly about EVERYTHING!!!
    image image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2011-weddings_tell-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:649Discussion:94b19537-1caf-422e-9f89-8639830f399fPost:69dc5ec2-722a-46c1-ad19-d4c0311c529a">Re: Tell me what you think</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm just going to back off it until she tells me what's wrong with them, or decides she wants them printed.
    Posted by medusia00[/QUOTE]

Good idea.  Hopefully she'll come around soon.  Personally, I think it's really cute!    Wish I was that talented!
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • guess i'm in the minority, but personally i don't like the orange. is that a specific shade of their wedding? do they have another pic that's in color? the orange with the sepia picture is like BAM! and it makes you miss the pic completely. 

i would also add some lines in there..to break things up. but that might just be my style. like put the "Save the Date", and then their names, and then the info in different boxes. that way the orange is broken up and not so dominant.

or if they had a pic in color that maybe had some orange in it, i think that would look good.
  • Yep! I asked those questions. This is one of their colors, and I asked her if she had a different picture she wanted to use but she wanted this one.

I am going to make another one with brown maybe, she's having a fall wedding. So we'll try that one. Her colors are Orange, Brown, and Green but not hunter.

Thanks for the input!
    Anniversary
  • I like them. I think the b/w looks good against the orange contrast.
    image Anniversary
  • I think it's too much orange.  It's like a big orange text box and tiny font.  I also think you should put what people are saving the date for.  Something like "save the date, we're getting married" or "we're tying the knot" etc.  Plus, it would be more text to fill up the orange box.
  • I like it, but I wonder if you could soften the edges of the orange?  Maybe the bold color would work better if it wasn't a bold outline?  Also, I would want the font a little bigger so there wasn't so much empty space.  I am a little OCD, so please take me with a grain of salt.  I do like the STD, though, and I love their colors.
  • So I did the same style a little different with a color picture, what do you guys think? I know it still has the same orange box, but I was in a hurry needed to get back to work.
    Anniversary
  • I'm partial to the orange, since that was our color, too.  But I agree with Vicky, the orange box might be a little too big.  Perhaps try it smaller--taking out the extra space between the text lines might help reduce the size of the box.  IMO, a bold color like that is best used as an accent.
  • Thanks everyone! They have now decided they want one without pictures at all! So back to the drawing board! I hope she gets me something she would like it to look like! Or a better idea!
    Anniversary
  • What does she want on it, if it doesn't have pictures?  Just words?  Pictures of something wedding related?  Does it sound like I'm being snarky?  I'm not trying to be.  We didn't have our picture on our std, but you need something to take up some space, in my opinion.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Yeah I'm not sure, we're getting together next weekend so maybe we'll figure it out then!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards