African American Weddings

Wedding day hair do's

Ladies!  What is everyone doing for their hair on the wedding day?  I'm still trying to decide but I like this one.
Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary

Re: Wedding day hair do's

• edited December 2011
    I really like this one too from the knot.

• Vonetra224Vonetra224 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_wedding-day-hair-dos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:2d68c4ee-3aa9-4cd4-af3d-32ff7a9fb816Post:09e67dc0-a464-449b-9248-1d78f74f0c7e">Re: Wedding day hair do's</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really like this one too from the knot.  
    Posted by MarryingmyKnight[/QUOTE]

This is my wedding hair do because Im putting a flower clip in my hair
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Don't marry the person you can live with, marry the person you can't live without."
  • edited December 2011
    I am really liking that one the more I look at it.  It is a beautiful do!
    edited December 2011
    I agree with you!!! Nice and simple hair do!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Don't marry the person you can live with, marry the person you can't live without."
    edited December 2011
    I think this flower hair clip goes well with the hair do..

http://www.haircomesthebride.com/Hair-Flowers-ANS-7934.htm
  • FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

With gold beads in the bun.
  • edited December 2011

Are you planning on having an up do, half up do, all down? Or undecided? Here are a couple that I like from the knot/internet. 

• empeguesempegues member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking about wearing my hair off to the side as well, but I can't think of any way to wear a veil with it that will look right.  I don't want a birdcage veil and that's the only option for that hairstyle that I've seen.  Not sure what else I'll do.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm trying to figure this out, too!

I have natural hair so I'm worried about it getting frizzy and bigger as the day goes on since I'll be in Vegas.  So I'm thinking about getting twists or braids and doing a bun or something simple like the pic below.  And I'm wearing a birdcage so I think it'll work.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Click here for my wedding bio!
    132 image were invited
    74 image are ready to party
    37 image are helping us save money
    21 image have us worried that we might go over budget
    RSVP Date - 08/01/11
  • edited December 2011
    Actually I haven't decided yet.  Once I purchase a wedding dress, I can start thinking more about my hair style for the wedding.  I know everyone says don't do this before your wedding, but I'm been wanting to cut my hair.  We shall see Wink.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • edited December 2011
    @poisonivy1121:  Vegas has dry heat so your hair should not frizz.  You may have to remove your veil carefully so that you minize your hairstyle being disturbed, but you won't have to worry about weather.  

I wear my hair natural and FI would not have it any other way on our wedding day. It will probaby be in a rod set, but not sure how it will by styled yet. I have not selected a hair piece.  That will dictate my final style choice.  
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards