New York-Upstate

Saratoga Racetrack Wedding??

Hello All!!

Could use a little help or information, has anyone ever been to or planned a wedding at the Saratoga Racetrack? My Fiance works for NYRA (New York Racing Association) so we've been toying with the idea of a Racetrack wedding...

Thanks in advance Wink

Re: Saratoga Racetrack Wedding??

• edited December 2011
    I haven't been to a wedding there, but my photog just shot a couple's photos there after their ceremony. It is SO beautiful, and the photos were so cool I'm really thinking about doing my trash the dress photos there now...would love to get my dress a little dirty on the center track!!!  Here are some of the photos - http://www.scottkretschmann.com/blog/katie-and-seths-saratoga-springs-ny-wedding-part-2/
  • woodfrogswoodfrogs member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Went to a wedding at The Lodge last month, right next to the racetrack, pretty building. Good for a small event. The grounds were pretty.
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are having our wedding (ceremony and reception) at the Lodge at the Gaming and Raceyway, so it is right by the harness track. Everyone has been amazing throughout the planning process, we are actually tenting the wedding on the outside lawn and holding our rehearsal dinner in the restaurant overlooking the harness track. Our rehearsal  guests will be able to watch the races while they eat 9and bet on them...if they wish!). Also, they have a wonderful feature where they can name a race after your event, and you and your fiance go to the winners circle to present the winner with their trophy/blanket and have photos taken. Looks amazing.

I dont think that they do many weddings there, or at least they have not yet done many LARGE weddings there (ours will be about 150 guests, they just had a wedding of approx the same size there this past fall), which I think is pretty cool cause it is ont one of the standard wedding locations in Saratoga. Like I said, everyone has been amazing to work with and very accomodating and helpful, if you have not booked a venue yet I strongly suggest you contact them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards