Louisiana-New Orleans

Florist Question

Hi everyone! If anyone has worked with Kori's Floral , Bee's Florist or Kim Starr Wise I would love to see pics or hear any feedback! I am looking for someone creative and willing to work with a budget. Also, if anyone would like to share their budget for flowers I would greatly appreciate it! Is $1000.00 an ok budget? I have no idea! Thanks in advance!!!!!

Re: Florist Question

• I think it really depends on how many bridesmaids you have, and how many tables you want flowers for.  I don't know about the other 2, but I think Bee's might be outside of this budget though they do beautiful work.
  • It really depends what kind of flowers you are looking for, how big your bridal party and how many tables you want to decorate.  That would have been a really small budget for my wedding, but I had 6 attendants and over 20 tables to decorate.  If you're having a smaller bridal party and minimal floral decorations, it might be fine. 

I think Bee's Florist has a minimum above $1,000.
  • I have 5 bridesmaids. 2 flower girls. I am not sure if I will do flowers on any tables. If I did, it wouldn't be every table just a few. I'm getting married at Southern Oaks and I like their centerpieces. I would like 2 arrangements outside for the ceremony and flowers for the cake table. Thanks for the input :
  • mcahil1mcahil1 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2012
    I have heard Bee's is very pricey. I dont know anything on the other florists. I decided to go with Beth's Flowers. Sue was wonderful for my phone consult and really listened to exactly what I wanted. She is willing to work with ANY budget you have and her work is beautiful. 1,000 budget can work depending on how many flower arrangements and things you need. If you are't doing many fresh flowers, just bouquets and boutonnire's and those 2 ceremony arrangements, I can't see it being overly expensive. Just remember to include tax and delivery/ set up in the budget!
  • Its possible but you will have to be open about different flowers for pricing reasons. Im also getting married at southern oaks and i did not add centerpieces to my plan. I am going to spend about 2000 only because i have 2 arrangements going outside that will after ceremony be mived by the cake tabke.
  • BTW i also went with Beths and they are very helpful if you have a budget and want to stick to it.
  • Hey, I am using Bee's Florist! He does great work, and will work with any budget. Just be sure to tell him your budget up front. He will definitely work with you on the price!
  • Thank you for the input everyone! I will look at Beth's. Also, the place I mentioned in first post is Flowers by Kori. Not Kori's Floral. My mistake.
  • I'm loving working with Kim Starr Wise. Best vendor I've worked with so far. I can't wait to see what she does. My wedding is next week. I will let you know how it goes. 
  • Thanks everyone. I've seen Kim Start Wise, Beth's and Kori's. Waiting for quotes from Kim and Kori's. Beth's was my least favorite. Not very pleased with Beth's. I felt they were not very personable. I sent a lot of pics to them prior to my consult and I felt they did not even look at my pics.
  • Thanks everyone. I've seen Kim Start Wise, Beth's and Kori's. Waiting for quotes from Kim and Kori's. Beth's was my least favorite. Not very pleased with Beth's. I felt they were not very personable. I sent a lot of pics to them prior to my consult and I felt they did not even look at my pics.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards