November 2013 Weddings

Finally set a date! 11/23/13

My fiance and I have been going back and forth between a winter wedding and a spring wedding, and we choose winter! SO I get to hang out with you lovely ladies for the next year and a half! We have our venue picked out and it is the most gorgeous place I have ever seen! I am from Missouri, but my wedding will be in Eureka Springs Arkansas. They do not book until a year in advance, but they secured my date for me which is 11/23/13 :) I will be 23 years old at the time, and my fiance Josh will be 27. We are having a silver and blue wedding, but thats about as far as I've planned out. I look forward to getting to know each of you and I hope to make some awesome plans, friends, and we are all going to have amazing weddings! 

** I don't believe that old cliche that good things come to those who wait. I think good things come to those who want something so bad they can't sit still **

Re: Finally set a date! 11/23/13

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_finally-set-a-date-112313?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:9b1d84d8-37ef-4e5d-98eb-8b42cd8c258dPost:03e56bc8-8e5d-4c5f-9348-d8c12ad03b83">Finally set a date! 11/23/13</a>:
    [QUOTE]       My fiance and I have been going back and forth between a winter wedding and a spring wedding, and we choose winter! SO I get to hang out with you lovely ladies for the next year and a half! We have our venue picked out and it is the most gorgeous place I have ever seen! I am from Missouri, but my wedding will be in Eureka Springs Arkansas. They do not book until a year in advance, but they secured my date for me which is 11/23/13 :) I will be 23 years old at the time, and my fiance Josh will be 27. We are having a silver and blue wedding, but thats about as far as I've planned out. I look forward to getting to know each of you and I hope to make some awesome plans, friends, and we are all going to have amazing weddings! 
    Posted by Kindachewy[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Congrats on setting a date!!! :) November weddings are the best, clearly. That's actually my parents' anniversary! We considered it but we're thinking earlier in November - plus I kind of want us to have our own "day" :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Will you be planning from out of state? Blue and silver is one of my favorite color combos. I don't think it will feel too "wintery" in Houston when we get married yet, though, so I'm leaning more towards jewel tones. </div><div>
    </div><div>Looking forward to the board becoming a little bit more active :)

</div>
  • Also OMG are those pictures the venue?! It is definitely gorgeous!!!
  •  I know, i hope the board get full soon! I need ladies to chat with, yes out of state planning, but im decently close. 4 hours ish. That is my venue!!!! I AM EXCITING. What details have you planned?
    ** I don't believe that old cliche that good things come to those who wait. I think good things come to those who want something so bad they can't sit still **
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_finally-set-a-date-112313?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:9b1d84d8-37ef-4e5d-98eb-8b42cd8c258dPost:82797464-33c2-43a3-b619-eb8916b1bd61">Re: Finally set a date! 11/23/13</a>:
    [QUOTE]What details have you planned?
    Posted by Kindachewy[/QUOTE]

<div>...the groom? :)</div><div>
    </div><div>We've got a tentative date with the church (11.09.13) and have narrowed it down to two reception sites. I'm also planning out of state and won't be able to physically go see them until August, so I'll have to hold off on that for now. I'll be way more than 4 hrs away, haha, planning a Houston wedding from NYC!</div>
  • Wow! That's a long ways! What made you decide to do that? The groom is an important piece lol! The next thing I want to work on is vendors, eureka springs is a wedding hot spot so I don't think booking too far in advance will be a problem. Also I am gonna hear up to buy 80 of my decor after Christmas this year! What a savings it'll make
  • Basically my parents are in Houston, that's where I grew up, etc. :) It would either be doing it in Houston (and me being far away) or doing it in NYC, which would be fantastic but probably much more expensive, I've never lived there before, not familiar with the city, etc. :) I'm pretty excited about it though, my mom is going to be able to give a lot of help and we are definitely investing in a coordinator to help a bit with the distance too.

It's really nice having so much time to be able to shop around and take advantage of the sales and all. :) 
  • Silver and Blue sounds soo pretty. Good color choices. I love that color combo together.
  • Your venue is S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G!!! Welcome, I hope you have a wonderful time planning! I know I am. :)
  • Congrats on setting a date!!!! :D I'm so happy for ya! and the venue looks AMAZING!!!!!

How goes the planning so far?? I love the color ideas, too! :)
    imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards