January 2013 Weddings

LIMO...?!!?!

I've been calling around for quotes...not happy with what I've been hearing...$450-600 range for a limo that holds 14 passengers.  HMMMMM....

Found a PARTY BUS- looks AWESOME!!  Second option (VIP Limo Lounge)...for $415...Loving this idea.  BUT...FI and I dont have it...is it wrong to ask everyone to throw in towards it?  It would only be $35 each person, if so.  If not, they will have to drive themselves that day.  : (  Stinks.,.but we just really can't afford that.

https://premierelimo.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21&Itemid=19

Thanks..
God is Faithful!

Re: LIMO...?!!?!

• We knew that was something we couldn't afford so we just decided to do without. I'd be a little put out by having to chip in for something like that as a bridesmaid. But you could always run it by your BP and kinda get their thoughts. I mean, $35 isn't a lot, but  if it's not something they're real keen on, then it may not be worth it. not to mention, they'll all have to get their cars to the location to be able to get home afterwards.
  • Yea, I thought of that actually...
    I think we may skip it and just rent a nice car for the two of us that day maybe. 
    We're gonna discuss it more this weekend.  I ran it by him briefly today during his lunch break LOL.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_limo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:003014a1-b3f6-4286-a359-fa44d5dd30eaPost:d4f429ec-c067-4e1f-a253-10b9daa25150">Re: LIMO...?!!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We knew that was something we couldn't afford so we just decided to do without. I'd be a little put out by having to chip in for something like that as a bridesmaid. But you could always run it by your BP and kinda get their thoughts. I mean, $35 isn't a lot, but  if it's not something they're real keen on, then it may not be worth it. not to mention, they'll all have to get their cars to the location to be able to get home afterwards.
    Posted by heroeswearbrown[/QUOTE]
    God is Faithful!
  • I would just go without and have everyone drive themselves. Honestly, I would be kinda annoyed if the bride were to ask me to chip in for her wedding day transportation after I already bought a dress, shoes, threw her a shower/bach party, etc. I just feel like the wedding day is the day for us, as brides, to host our friends and family. They shouldnt have to contribute to any part of it after all they've done for us.
  • Yeah, I would be a little peeved to be asked to chip in on a bus.  I'd probably rather figure it out myself than pay more.  We're doing a school bus, $300 and holds 48 adults -- using it as a shuttle for everyone including myself.  Just a thought.

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it would be very rude to ask them to contribute. If it isn't it the budget, do without. Awhile back a bride posted after she got married about what really mattered that day and was worth the money and what wasn't. I'd like to see more of those posts. Anyway, she said if she had to do it over again she would forego the limo, it was a waste.
  • I'm going without and FI and I are borrowing a nice car from a neighbor. The BP is on their own... Emily Post would frown, but logistically it works out very well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yea, I'm thinking we are going to skip..thanks Ladies!
    God is Faithful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards