Missouri
Options

Question regarding hourly coverage and down time

My friend is getting married in 2011 and has a 9 hour wedding. There will be about 2-3 hours of down time that they will not need photos. Her photographer said that their "hourly coverage" covers from start to finish and not how many hours they are actually shooting. Im guessing because their whole day is pretty much sched around that 9 hours . Have any of you had this come up before and what did your Photographer do? Did they add that 2-3 hours onto the reception or just charge you from start to finish (ex: 12-9 )

Re: Question regarding hourly coverage and down time

• Options
    CLSchrammCLSchramm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They usually charge from start to finish. Some photographers will even do an "all day" package, and these can usually be cheaper than going the hourly route, and sometimes include extras (free engagement shoot, etc.). I would advise your friend to look into a few other photographers before going with these other people.
  • Options
    srkropfsrkropf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My is charging from start to finish-- so when he arrives at the ceremony site to when our reception finishes. That will include an hour of drive time between the ceremony and reception, but I'm okay with that because we'll pretty much have him all day and he's really good-- but I still negotiate a good price
    Sarah Kropf Wedding Countdown Ticker 98image 12image 4image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think typically they charge from start to finish, which is why I focused on finding a package I could afford with unlimited time!  They will have some down time here and there, but I wanted my whole day captured!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards