Wedding Etiquette Forum

Who's Here?

2»

Re: Who's Here?

• YAY!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • haha People in my neighborhood are setting off fireworks and the puppy does NOT like it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5119de96-97d2-400b-aa5f-fdb2502d3e00Post:f72ef9d8-8a01-43da-b662-2674bc9838a2">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE] Rach, so you guys are there 7 months?  I wasnot sure when you were moving. 
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

I would just assume we'd be going down sometime in July-ish. His new job will start in August--and we're actually thinking about going the house route...I've just never personally been down there, so we'll be going down Spring-ish to look at neighborhoods/houses, etc.

And on that note, I'm ready for my drugs, and my bed---Night ladies!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Happy New Year! 

On a sidenote, for anyone watching the D*ck Clark dealie - What is up with Marc Anthony wearing the shades....ugh I hate that
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5119de96-97d2-400b-aa5f-fdb2502d3e00Post:dac5a896-3884-4fec-959d-f230f0c10e1a">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sun- hows Zombieland? Fi really wants to see it.
    <p>Posted by tortis[/QUOTE]</p><p>As far as Zombie movies come, it's rather alright. Not amazing, but not hideously bad either</p>
  • Happy New Year!  I can't watch D*ck Clark anymore.  I feel bad for him :(  We watched Carson Daly host.

I just popped open a bottle of Riesling :)
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Tortis, I have family in Covington.  And, I think it's ironic in a thread featuring YaPuppy, it's somebody else's puppy having issues.  Though, I understand.  My 7 year old Cairn terrier FREAKS at fireworks.  And thunder.  And low flying aircraft.  And rain, snow, sleet, etc.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5119de96-97d2-400b-aa5f-fdb2502d3e00Post:a970ec99-2701-4e7a-af30-f1eaac9616ee">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tortis, I have family in Covington.  And, I think it's ironic in a thread featuring YaPuppy, it's somebody else's puppy having issues.  Though, I understand.  My 7 year old Cairn terrier FREAKS at fireworks.  And thunder.  And low flying aircraft.  And rain, snow, sleet, etc.
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I have family in Danville- its really small, not sure if you know where it is. </div><div>
    </div><div>Our puppy whined for about a minute, then decided that he was too tired to care and went back to bed. How does your dog do with the vaccuum? Mine thinks its a friend to play with, to the point that I have to put him in another room so I don't run him over.</div>
  • I am here.  we went out to dinner, and now we're home...sitting.
    Photobucket
  • Ok in that case, I'll jump in with my puppy issues....for a doberman, he's not much of a badass....he too is scared to death of fireworks and thunder, and for some reason, my cell phone.  Not sure if it's the ringtone or what (tried changing it several times) but if I even pick up my purse, he knows it's usually in there, and heads for his tunnel under the bed.....
  • Are fireworks legal there (I mean, the type you buy and set off yourself without a license, not the the type of shows put on in professional displays)?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5119de96-97d2-400b-aa5f-fdb2502d3e00Post:d2c115e1-111f-494c-8eab-4875f9c74a17">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok in that case, I'll jump in with my puppy issues....for a doberman, he's not much of a badass....he too is scared to death of fireworks and thunder, and for some reason, my cell phone.  Not sure if it's the ringtone or what (tried changing it several times) but if I even pick up my purse, he knows it's usually in there, and heads for his tunnel under the bed.....
    Posted by YaPuppy[/QUOTE]

<div>That's crazy that he is so afraid of your cell phone! Maybe its not the actual ringtone but the pitch of the notes? Or maybe there is interference going on that you can't hear but he can? (I'm thinking about how sometimes when my phone is sitting too close to my clock radio, there is some weird noise from the radio even though the radio isn't on...)</div><div>
    </div><div>The major issues we are having are housetraining and the normal puppy mouthing/ biting. I'm not overly concerned b/c he's only 8 wks and has only been with us a week and a half. But god those puppy teeth are sharp!</div>
  • Sun,

It depends on the state.  In NY they aren't, but if I go to a state where it is and I say I'm from NY they sell me their best stuff because they figure they're breaking the law anyway (not that I've ever done this).
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5119de96-97d2-400b-aa5f-fdb2502d3e00Post:ba559cf6-7c57-4fd1-940e-efec9f732621">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are fireworks legal there (I mean, the type you buy and set off yourself without a license, not the the type of shows put on in professional displays)?
    Posted by thesuninherhead[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Not in my county of Ohio. You can buy them in any of the surrounding counties/ states, though, and people set them off on the 4th of July and New Years. I don't even think sparklers are legal here. The police/ firefighters are stretched so thin here that its really kind of given a pass unless there is some kind of injury/ property damage.
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5119de96-97d2-400b-aa5f-fdb2502d3e00Post:aea15a55-ea5d-4024-ab7d-e5115d20ba19">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : I have family in Danville- its really small, not sure if you know where it is.  Our puppy whined for about a minute, then decided that he was too tired to care and went back to bed. How does your dog do with the vaccuum? Mine thinks its a friend to play with, to the point that I have to put him in another room so I don't run him over.
    Posted by tortis[/QUOTE]

I'm from Georgetown, and I live in Louisville.  I actually bought my previous car in Danville (the Mazda dealership in Lexington, where I used to live, employed all assholes).  I'm quite familiar with Danville.

Parker runs from the vacuum when it comes straight at him.  He tries to eat it when it goes beside him.  Like, tries to chew the plastic off the side.  Thinks it's his mortal enemy.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5119de96-97d2-400b-aa5f-fdb2502d3e00Post:8863c4be-92d0-4b7a-b00d-b3b46171a58e">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : I'm from Georgetown, and I live in Louisville.  I actually bought my previous car in Danville (the Mazda dealership in Lexington, where I used to live, employed all assholes).  I'm quite familiar with Danville. Parker runs from the vacuum when it comes straight at him.  He tries to eat it when it goes beside him.  Like, tries to chew the plastic off the side.  Thinks it's his mortal enemy.
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Fi works for Toyota and actually had his appendix taken out at the Georgetown hospital- he was taken in an ambulance from the plant there. I really like Louisville/ Lexington. We used to visit a lot in the summers in Danville (at the jazz festival?) and it was beautiful.</div><div>
    </div><div>We're pretty lucky vaccuum-wise I think. He slept through it the other day. I only hope that that continues past puppy-hood. He is entirely too curious right now. 

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5119de96-97d2-400b-aa5f-fdb2502d3e00Post:ba559cf6-7c57-4fd1-940e-efec9f732621">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are fireworks legal there (I mean, the type you buy and set off yourself without a license, not the the type of shows put on in professional displays)?
    Posted by thesuninherhead[/QUOTE]

Sun, it varies.  Kentucky allows you to buy only pretty small stuff.  Like, flies no higher than 20 feet or something.  Tennessee, on the other hand, sells you anything that doesn't require a cannon to set off.  And, since they're neighboring states and the police can't check the trunk (boot?) of your car without a warrant, people bring home all sorts of shiit.  And, when my dog goes bullistic for hours, then I hate those people.  And thus, I call my friend who is a police officer.  :)
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Ahh ok. We have sparklers for sale here, but that is the extent of it. Doesn't stop people attempting to set off things they've bought online/overseas though, but it is illegal.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5119de96-97d2-400b-aa5f-fdb2502d3e00Post:2b1b73a6-2569-44fa-b21c-670d572dcf76">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : Fi works for Toyota and actually had his appendix taken out at the Georgetown hospital- he was taken in an ambulance from the plant there. I really like Louisville/ Lexington. We used to visit a lot in the summers in Danville (at the jazz festival?) and it was beautiful. We're pretty lucky vaccuum-wise I think. He slept through it the other day. I only hope that that continues past puppy-hood. He is entirely too curious right now. 
    Posted by tortis[/QUOTE]

In Erlanger?  Or in G-town? 

The Georgetown Hospital is much better now than it was when I left home.  I think it's expanded 3 or 4 times! 

Louisville's not bad.  It's got a lot of nice restaurants, but there's so much of town that's just. . . ugly.  I like Lexington a lot better.  FI does too.  He's from Boston, and really hadn't seen anything of KY until we met (Army at Ft. Knox).  He had no idea KY could be so nice until I took him to Lex/G-town.

What do you do in Cincy?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Fi works for headquarters in Erlanger (we live on the Ohio side), but was at the Gtown plant when his appendix ruptured and went to the hospital there. 

I've spent more time in Lexington and really liked it too. 

I'm in law school up here, so I read. That's really about it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5119de96-97d2-400b-aa5f-fdb2502d3e00Post:79645674-eda0-4fba-9491-e114c95904df">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahh ok. We have sparklers for sale here, but that is the extent of it. Doesn't stop people attempting to set off things they've bought online/overseas though, but it is illegal.
    Posted by thesuninherhead[/QUOTE]

It's really on the seller here, to only sell stuff that's legal in the state that they're selling it in.  So, it's easy to at least plead ignorance.  Not that you can't get in trouble, but unless you're a moron you can normally talk yourself out of trouble, provided you're willing to hand over any remaning contraband that you 'unwittingly' purchased.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• My two best friends are over and we grounded my fiance to the bedroom for the evening. We are drinking wine coolers and watching Titanic, laughing and being nostalgic.
  • Ahhh. . . well, if I ever get my shiit together (and force work to give my my travel schedule for Jan/Feb), we're doing a G2G for OH, KY, TN, etc. in Jan or Feb (hopefully Jan).  You should join in - much more fun than reading!  :)
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5119de96-97d2-400b-aa5f-fdb2502d3e00Post:16ae2db2-7409-4686-a7f5-007b131d14cd">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My two best friends are over and we grounded my fiance to the bedroom for the evening. We are drinking wine coolers and watching Titanic, laughing and being nostalgic.
    Posted by like_fireworks[/QUOTE]

Uh, you grounded your FI?  Really?  It's New Year's, and you told him he needs to stay in the bedroom so you can party with your girl friends?  Not cool.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Hey hey hey! We've got 12 minutes to go and I'm not tipsy enough to even care anymore. bring it, 2010.

fireworks, please give your fiance's balls back. Kthxbai
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5119de96-97d2-400b-aa5f-fdb2502d3e00Post:b178ec97-7667-4f8a-872e-d6fc93840d13">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey hey hey! We've got 12 minutes to go and I'm not tipsy enough to even care anymore. bring it, 2010. fireworks, please give your fiance's balls back. Kthxbai
    Posted by brookelynpaisley[/QUOTE]

Beatles, eye to eye.  Except, it's almost 2 am here.  :)
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Is it saying I'm Beatles? I'm brookelynpaisley, yo. Stupid Knot.
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Just showed up.  Back and watching a Lifetime Movie.  "The Capture of Andrew Luster" Yep.  Thrilling.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards