Wedding Etiquette Forum

Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.

Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.

• NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:36e2c5b2-069b-49b5-8cec-4e1ed869cceb">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks MuSu!  How are ya? Yeah, I need to mentally prepare for an evening of socializing and chatting.  My problem is that as I've gotten older, my bullshit tolerance has decreased and I just don't care about a lot of the things people gab about.  I have no interest in your job in IT or the new SUV you bought. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]
    We went to a wedding recently and apparently the bride hates me because she sat me with a bunch of people I knew, but hadnt seen since highschool. That was the WORST. Having to do all of the "so what do you do now? Where are you living? Can you believe how long its been!!". Barf.
  • Steelz, I think it's 80. I swear it takes forever when you drive it. Forever.

J, yes, I could probably dance all night if the dj was playing good music. Absolutely. It's when they keep handing me drinks that it goes down hill.

Petal, when in March? I'm down to take a drive to Philly. I don't go often because I want to kill everyone on the road the second I get off the NE extension.
  • Hey MuSu! I feel like I haven't really chatted with you much lately. What's new? Your job starts this week, right?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:956ff222-4539-4101-bade-81268449fc70">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dileni how far along was she?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]
    I dont think the police released that, they just said that she was 30 years old, pregnant & trampled & due to being trampled had went into labour. I'm praying she was far along that the baby is born healthy or atleast able to make it. =/

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:d2bc3c99-714c-4450-a1f1-49674150134b">Re:Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I only dance when I'm drunk unless it's line dancing and I'm sure I look like an idiot but I also don't give a shiiit when I'm drunk.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm backwards of most people.  I prefer to dance sober.  I still dance when I'm drunk, unfortunately, but sober dancing is a better choice.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I have been very close to getting kicked out of the movies on several occasions because I felt the need to tell the row behind me that maybe if they shut the fuuuuck up they would know what happened in the opening scene.

FI always seems to get angry when I do this. I don't know why. He's usually the one complaining about how distracting the other people are being.
  • Ugh movie theaters. I get irrational at them.

Also, I give people looks when their kids are all in my space and they just think it's cute. It's not cute. I love kids, but I don't know your kids and I don't want them touching me or trying to play games with me while I'm shopping. Go away.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:03abe8ca-d109-42bc-a14e-a902d640c1bb">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread. : Ha!  I love you. I get in the most trouble at movie theatres.  I have a big issue with people being stupid at movie theatres, and H once had to drag me out before a verbal altercation between me and the asshole middle aged man behind me <strong>who kicked the back of my seat </strong>and talked through the whole movie turned physical.  Like, I was clenching up some fists and getting ready to throw punches...even though I've never been in a real fight in my life.  I'm ridiculous.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

oh.my.god. This is like, one of the only things that is guarenteed to bring me from 0 to fucking PISSED in seconds. Kicking the back of my chair makes me absolutely batshit. Flames, on the side of my face.... (MUNI batsignal)
  • Seriously, and it doesn't help that the sign in Youngstown OH says NYC 435 (or whatever the number actually is) miles..  The turnpike isn't any better. 
  • Bruno, I feel like we'd be BFFs if we lived in the same area code.

• Dil, that's so horrible! What is wrong with people? I get your life got crapped on, but shooting up a mall? Come on.
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:74047781-ba43-449c-baa3-6613fcfce158">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread. : I dont think the police released that, they just said that she was 30 years old, pregnant & trampled & due to being trampled had went into labour. I'm praying she was far along that the baby is born healthy or atleast able to make it. =/
    Posted by DileniN[/QUOTE]

<div>This is absolutely horrible!</div>
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • NebbNebb member
    I hate going to the movies, HATE. If I cant sit at the very back with no one behind me, I am just agitated the whole time. We usually just go to the drive in instead, but even then I get pissed off - people who dont turn off their lights, people who drive in late, people in general lol
  • Bruno As of now it would be the week of March 11.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:b18aa1c2-8f22-4c04-87dc-cfbab8576c29">Re:Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey MuSu! I feel like I haven't really chatted with you much lately. What's new? Your job starts this week, right?
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

Hey! :) Yep I start on Monday! I'm super excited about it actually. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is getting up early, but oh well. I'm looking forward to learning a lot and doing what I actually am going to school to do!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:951350f2-8a05-4776-badf-a56ea5639111">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread. : Me, too. Did they get the guy?
    Nope, they have a description but havent released it yet. The police ran into the mall & were more concerned about evacuation and making sure everyone got out safe, so the shooter could have easily ran out with the crowd. They have videos though all around the area so they may be able to pinpoint in which direction he/she ran in. They have the subway in and around the area blocked off as well so they couldnt make a get away on that. But at the moment the shooter is at large. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:603c92b6-2d0b-4cba-9ca0-510506d1fe59">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread. : Oh yuck.  I hate talking about my job outside of work.  That's what it's like when I see my cousins on my mom's side.  All that chatter and "What's been going on?  You staying out of trouble?"  No, I've been in lockup. 

I feel like this is a legit question for you ;)

I told my mom once when I was about 10 or 11 that I couldn't stand family gatherings because I hated when people oohed and ahhed and told me they'd known me since I was "THIIIIIS BIG!"  Or they hadn't seen me since I was in diapers!  Little did I know that I would hate people's stupid party small talk for the rest of my life.

• I suck at Knotting tonight.  I keep getting distracted.

I like to fashion police commentary strangers in public. 
  • J, I feel the same way. I feel like your H and my FI would be constantly dragging us away from situations or bailing us out of jail. Which I'm completely okay with. My MOH is the same way as I am. FI is shocked he hasn't had to bail us out, yet. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:8f4da6ff-fe8a-453c-bc3f-4382ac409600">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate going to the movies, HATE. If I cant sit at the very back with no one behind me, I am just agitated the whole time. We usually just go to the drive in instead, but even then I get pissed off - people who dont turn off their lights, <strong>people who drive in late</strong>, people in general lol
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Dude, that reminds me of how much I hate when a group of like 9 people walks into a crowded theatre after the previews have already started, and can't find seats together, so they're all asking people to move and stuff.  Dude, if you're bringing your whole graduating class to a popular movie at a popular time, you should probably get there in time to find seats when the lights are on and there is still time to get seats together, dumbasses.

• In Response to Re:Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.:[QUOTE]I suck at Knotting tonight. nbsp;I keep getting distracted.I like to fashion police commentary strangers in public.nbsp; Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

This was me last night. And tonight. It's hard to keep up with a thread this active on my phone.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I need to go to the drive in this summer, for sure. I haven't been in a few years and I love it.

J, I told (my) J that I was gonna road trip to Fargo with my knot friends to visit other knot friends. So. This means it has to happen. ;)
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:00639919-16d1-4967-949d-c676e8fb9bdc">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread. : Dude, that reminds me of how much I hate when a group of like 9 people walks into a crowded theatre after the previews have already started, and can't find seats together, so they're all asking people to move and stuff.  Dude, if you're bringing your whole graduating class to a popular movie at a popular time, you should probably get there in time to find seats when the lights are on and there is still time to get seats together, dumbasses.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    The whole theater managed to make it there on time. Its not fhucking rocket science. They should just lock the doors. If you cant get there on time, tough titties, you have to sit and wait for the next showing.
  • Fashion Policing is so fun! I chaperoned prom a few weeks ago. We did the Prom Edition. FYI: the mullet dresses from the 80s are back in style. Satin and all...

Oh, I always used to mutter under my breath, "is this Michelle? She's gotten so big!!" right before someone would come up to me and say it. I always wanted to reply with "yes, it's me. I'm the oldest of my parents kids, so it wouldn't be my brother or baby sister. And yes I have gotten so big, it's been awhile." It also used to annoy me when they would be looking at me, but refer to me as "she".
  • J&K - if large groups go somewhere with limited seating they should be required to send an andvance scouting party to save seats.  And the saved seats are free for the taking when the lights go down, so the rest of the group best be there on time.
  • That happened when we saw the Avengers. A group of like a dozen people walked in, and they were all put out because no one would move. Sorry, we're not the tools who didn't check the movie time. Sucks to be you, sit down front.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:0c6d6c44-062d-4dae-9a98-096bdd806dc8">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I see a miss a lot by not going to the movies.
    All youre missing is hating society.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:7eccfab7-73bd-47e3-90b3-1e878b4a7b53">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have not, as yet, been in lockup.  Key word is yet.  ;) Nebb, off topic-ish, was it you who said that you like to use a yogurt based Caesar salad dressing?  I'm usually a straight balsamic vinegar girl but I do love a chicken Caesar salad in the summer for dinner.
    Yup!! I did. Its lower in calories but its SO rich and delicious, I love it.
  • Also, Eags, I creeped on the morning thread from today and my heart swooned when you and MUNI praised the beautifulness of Sleeping Beauty. I wore out 3 VHS tapes of it when I was little because I watched it so much.
  • We ended up having to sit in the front row for the Hunger Games because we couldn't find 4 seats together.  It was the worst.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards