Massachusetts-Boston

Wedding Colors

Hey, Boston Brides--

My future MIL is a meddler. I love her, but she is. My fiance informed me last night that she talked to a florist and he says that the colors we chose for our fall 2012 wedding--forest green and wine purple--are "prom colors," not "wedding colors."

I plan to talk to florists and other vendors soon, but I wanted to see if any of you lovely folks had any thoughts on those colors. More, I want to hear that FMIL is crazy, but if they truly are considered "prom colors" then I guess that would be useful to know before we actually, you know, order anything.

Thanks. :)

Re: Wedding Colors

• edited December 2011
    Sorry MIL's florist. :) Forest green and wine purple sound lovely together. One of the girls on my month board did a similar color scheme and she definitely didn't have a wedding that looked like a prom. lol

Check out http://www.theperfectpalette.com/ for inspiration boards.

P.S. For florists I worked with The Tangled Web. Jen is a complete doll and she won't say that green and purple are prom colors. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, JB's Bride! Honestly, I think my future MIL just doesn't like the colors, but she's going to have to deal with it. :)

I'll definitely look into theperfectpalette.com and The Tangled Wed--thank you for the suggestions!
  • edited December 2011
    Er, Web. "Wed"dings on the brain, I guess.
  • edited December 2011
    My friend did forest green and eggplant (close to wine purple i think??) and her reception was gorgeous
  • edited December 2011
    I think those colors would look beautiful. Not sure what your reception venue looks like, but maybe add a lighter color like ivory as an accent so that it doesn't come off too dark?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards