Wisconsin

inexpensive MADISON area florist

Hey Madison Brides-

I've been looking through this board for some help with flowers in the Madison area and haven't come up with much.  I'm looking to get only ceremony flowers (i.e. bouquets, corsages, etc) for around $500.  My wedding is Jan. 8 so I'm planning on using seasonal flowers (calla lilies are season I think).  Does anyone know of a good/inexpensive florist in the Madison area?  ANY suggestions would help, even if you don't know how the pricing would work for me.  I'm really lost on places to go and I need to start making consultations!

Is anyone using a grocery store?  If so, who are you using?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: inexpensive MADISON area florist

• edited December 2011

I'm using Felly's Flowers in Madison and our flowers were only a bit over $500. We did similar to you, just ceremony flowers and a few things for the reception. Very friendly. I definitely recommend them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with starshine, Felly's Flowers is a really great place. They are super helpful and will take time to tell you all about the flowers. My Moms co-worker is doing my flowers but if she wasn't I would use Felly's.
  • less16less16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Felly's and I will admit right off that I used to be employed by them and worked on many weddings. But I plan on using their services for my wedding as well. But I do recommend staying away from callas if you're looking to stay on budget, they're quite pricey even when in season. full sized ones go anywhere from $10-$16 a stem and minis and special colors go up from there. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Blooms by Brandi. She is awesome and really works with you to pick out exactly what you want.  Prices are also very reasonable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions.  I'm going to make appointments at both of these places and see what they have to offer!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    There is a place in Waunakee called Pocket Full of Posies.  One of my friends used her and I am meeting with her in a few weeks.  She works out of her home so she has lower overhead.  She worked with someone my family knows and came recommanded to me.  Good Luck.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards