African American Weddings

Good Morning Ladies!

God does this thing where I'm jolted out of my sweet sleep and slumber at insane hours... like 4:44am and 5:22am, lol. As a "younger Christian" this used to irritate me but now I understand what it's all about... with that being said. Today I wanted to share a story with you. It's kinda long but hopefully someone can use it today. I wrote this a few weeks ago and it's called "Which Way"

Love you ladies,

Tasha

I got lost driving to work this morning. It was rather irritating because I absolutely HATE to be lost and I absolutely HATE to be late. I was both this morning. Now you may ask, "don't you go to work every day? How in the world do you get lost going to a place you drive to and from everyday?" There are a couple reasons. As I was driving in this morning I encountered traffic and decided that I would take a short cut to avoid the traffic and possibly get to work earlier than I normally would. 

If you know me (lol) you know that I talk to myself a lot...like full blown conversations with myself. It keeps me out of trouble...but I digress. Anyhow, as I was driving I discovered that a 5 minute shortcut was taking a little too long and I found myself saying out loud:

"Every time I try a new way I get lost."

I promise I heard God laugh at me and say "well that's what I've been trying to get you to understand. I am the Road, also the Truth, also the Life. (John 14:6)" I knew then that the reason I was in the situation I was in was that God was about to use this as a ministry opportunity. It ALWAYS happens and I thank Him for the gift. 

The ministry in this was that I should’ve stayed on the tried and tested path and dealt with traffic. I knew the way to go, after all I drive it daily, I just didn't want to deal with the traffic (or tests/trials) that were on the path laid out for me. Much like our walk with God we know the way but take shortcuts to try and avoid the test and trials along the way .Never mind the benefits outweigh any of the emotions associated with "going through."  Romans 5 teaches us that "... because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next.

The last part of that scripture is extremely important because as we all know there is an enemy who seeks to destroy us completely and totally. (John 10:10) Have you ever had a car ride in your blind spot? Most of the time you don’t know the car is there until you attempt to move and you nearly (or do) collide with the car. Satan is JUST like that. The Bible teaches us that he is clever and knows exactly what to do to cause us destruction. These things are called temptations. This morning I was tempted by a “short cut” when I knew full well the way to go. I feed into my selfish desires not to endure the traffic ahead and as a result I was late to work. Being late has consequences. The same holds true with God’s plan and path for your life. You WILL get to the destination He has for you but succumbing to your own fleshly desires may cause you to steer away from the path and ultimately cause you to arrive late. Late arrivals could cost you blessings or you may miss a very important lesson that will help you once you reach the place God has for you.

This was a powerful lesson for me this morning as I am in this very place in life now. I’m learning to stop and pay attention to what God says to me and ironically once I turned on my GPS it led me back to the EXACT point I steered away from the path. Thank you Abba for a second chance… I hear you LOUD and CLEAR.

Good Day Folks!

P.S. My counsel is this: Live freely, animated and motivated by God's Spirit. Then you won't feed the compulsions of selfishness. For there is a root of sinful self-interest in us that is at odds with a free spirit, just as the free spirit is incompatible with selfishness. These two ways of life are antithetical, so that you cannot live at times one way and at times another way according to how you feel on any given day. Why don't you choose to be led by the Spirit and so escape the erratic compulsions of a law-dominated existence? Galations 5:16-18

Wedding Countdown Ticker
130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!

Re: Good Morning Ladies!

• island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    AMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

I couldn't get that AMEN big enough let me tell you.  This week alone I was thinking about my life and how I needed to stop trying to do it my way.  I realized that the reason I feel like I am getting nowhere is because I have stopped following God's direction.  Don't get me wrong God has always been in my life and always will.  Sometimes, however, we do get comfortable and forget that Satan is always nearby ready to pounce on us when we feel like all is well.   That blind spot is the truth!!  The "low down dirty one" has been trying his best to keep me trying to do things my way which is a path on a dead end street.  So, I am making a u-turn back to the highway of divine light so I can get back to the blessed cruising I was doing before. 

This post was right on time for me.  But, then the Word is always right on time.  Smile 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• edited December 2011
    AMEN!...Thank You for posting this. I've been struggling with my own path recently & although I didn't take a detour (& have no clue why) the trouble still lingered in my mind. But your post just all my questions, even though I know it was GOD guiding me, I'm one of those ppl that need a little extra push to understand why. It's not that I don't believe, I always ask myself why am I so worthy of such great guidance,why have  I been blessed especial when I see whats going on around me. I guess I'll never know until I get to Heaven.
    I hope you don't mind, but I copied,pasted, printed and added to my inspiration book your words, I know I will look back on them frequently.

PS...Your not alone I also have full blown conversations with myself, it helps me stay in line. And being late is just not acceptable in my book, I will wke up whole house at 4:30 am just not to be late for a 9 am appt, my family is finally use to it, but it still drives them crazy...lol

Have a wonderful & blessed day!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_good-morning-ladies-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:1bf08124-1daa-41d8-ace1-149c164296a3Post:696399f0-eebb-4d96-b5fd-3129ebd934fd">Re: Good Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]AMEN!...Thank You for posting this. I've been struggling with my own path recently & although I didn't take a detour (& have no clue why) the trouble still lingered in my mind. But your post just all my questions, even though I know it was GOD guiding me, I'm one of those ppl that need a little extra push to understand why. It's not that I don't believe, I always ask myself why am I so worthy of such great guidance,why have  I been blessed especial when I see whats going on around me. I guess I'll never know until I get to Heaven. I hope you don't mind, but I copied,pasted, printed and added to my inspiration book your words, I know I will look back on them frequently. PS...Your not alone I also have full blown conversations with myself, it helps me stay in line. And being late is just not acceptable in my book, I will wke up whole house at 4:30 am just not to be late for a 9 am appt, my family is finally use to it, but it still drives them crazy...lol Have a wonderful & blessed day!!!
    Posted by tcjames[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Sis... I have NO problem with that. That's why I write... if nothing else I want ONE person touched in some way.</div><div>
    </div><div>Copy on (I just bet not see my work published no where! LOL)</div><div>
    </div><div>

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If I never knew that God was real, this would have been my confirmation. My situation may be completely different from yours, but this spoke volumes to me and I know that God placed me on this board this morning specifically to read this...I am just so grateful that He put it on your heart to share. Please continue to let Him use you.

This has made such a tremendous impact on me right now. I have been going through it...adjusting to all of the changes that married life has brought me has been TOUGH. Everything about my life seems different and I have been afraid. When I am afraid, I run. We all know that is not the answer, but that's what has been in my "blind spot"...where my heart was heavy, I now feel nothing but joy and hope and faith that I'm exactly where I am supposed to be right now.

Thank you Jesus and thank you too, Soon2BSand!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_good-morning-ladies-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:1bf08124-1daa-41d8-ace1-149c164296a3Post:57494bbd-d0b2-4948-852e-c0cf14f10a97">Re: Good Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning Ladies! : Sis... I have NO problem with that. That's why I write... if nothing else I want ONE person touched in some way. Copy on (I just bet not see my work published no where! LOL)
    Posted by Soon2BSand[/QUOTE]
    LOL...You do not have to worry about that.. I'm too scared of jail..and I don't have money if you sue me...So if it gets published it wasn't me, I promise you that! :) Might wanna check out Beyonce seems she has a lot of issues with plagarism...LOL
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_good-morning-ladies-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:1bf08124-1daa-41d8-ace1-149c164296a3Post:68513680-8caa-463e-9de4-e1de1062646b">Re: Good Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I never knew that God was real, this would have been my confirmation. My situation may be completely different from yours, but this spoke volumes to me and I know that God placed me on this board this morning specifically to read this...I am just so grateful that He put it on your heart to share. Please continue to let Him use you. This has made such a tremendous impact on me right now. I have been going through it...adjusting to all of the changes that married life has brought me has been TOUGH. Everything about my life seems different and I have been afraid. When I am afraid, I run. We all know that is not the answer, but that's what has been in my "blind spot"...where my heart was heavy, I now feel nothing but joy and hope and faith that I'm exactly where I am supposed to be right now. Thank you Jesus and thank you too, Soon2BSand!
    Posted by eagles347[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm going to PM you my contact info... You sound like me a few years ago and to be honest it caused me to run away from my first marriage. While I'm EXTREMELY glad it happened NOW then I had a "I can't deal" spirit and took off running from anything that made me look in the mirror and recognize that issue. You can ask me anything... I'm an open book.</div><div>
    </div><div>That goes for anyone else here too. I used my MESS for my MESSage and I had a lot of it. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Soon2BSands may God continue to bless you.  He truly has used you this morning.  My hands are now firmly in the 10 and 2 position on the wheel and I am driving down God plan for me.  It's tough but with God all things are possible.  Thank you for the reminder and thank you for being obedient and allowing God to use you this morning. 

p.s.  I love all of your morning inspirations thank you for uplifting us all. Kiss
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_good-morning-ladies-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:1bf08124-1daa-41d8-ace1-149c164296a3Post:41933000-6227-484f-88d2-cda37a925f40">Re: Good Morning Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Soon2BSands may God continue to bless you.  He truly has used you this morning.  My hands are now firmly in the 10 and 2 position on the wheel and I am driving down God plan for me.  It's tough but with God all things are possible.  Thank you for the reminder and thank you for being obedient and allowing God to use you this morning.  p.s.  I love all of your morning inspirations thank you for uplifting us all.
    Posted by djscat[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you babes! FOCUS! </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto what everybody said!! Thank you for this!! And I need to read this everyday before I leave my house.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So feeling that this morning.
  • edited December 2011
    Guurrll U betta SAY IT!!!! Whew chile GOD KNEW I needed this. Thanks mama!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards