Wedding Reception Forum

Cocktail hour food

Hey everyone!  We will be having an outdoor cocktail hour between the ceremony and reception.  We are having a lodge wedding, and storage space is at a bit of a premium.  My bartender suggested to me having one type of snack in a variety of forms (ie: just cookies, but lots of different kinds... but not dessert-y), to keep set up and serving simple, and something that we wouldn't have to refrigerate.  Any suggestions on what we could serve??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cocktail hour food

• Just cookies?  What about people who don't like sweets? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • No, sorry... I don't want to do cookies, I just couldn't think of another example.  Something savoury and snacky, I was thinking.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Multiple kinds of gourment snack mix?  You could have sweet, savory, spicy, etc.
  • Ohhh, ok. Any of the suggestions above sound good to me. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thanks ladies!  Actually my bartender suggested different kinds of nuts... I like the snack mix too.  Maybe a browsing session at Costco is in order!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_cocktail-hour-food?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:001163e1-e1fb-41e1-a0af-d4e656fbd3e0Post:11aeb086-d76d-4066-84fb-f5eb29b73f8e">Re: Cocktail hour food</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies!  Actually my bartender suggested different kinds of nuts... I like the snack mix too.  Maybe a browsing session at Costco is in order!
    Posted by jenn5628[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that a lot of people are allergic to nuts so I would add something without nuts like the snack mix.
  • Agree with nuts and snack mixes (including some nut-free snacks) ... maybe also consider a popcorn bar?  Have paper cones or small bags for guests to scoop the popcorn (or the nuts/snack mix, for that matter) into. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards