Honeymoon Discussions

Booking Through Sandals or Through Travel Website?

FI and I are considering going to a Sandals in St Lucia but my only concern is who to book through. On one hand the Sandals website has the option to book at any one of the resorts but their prices are super high and I keep getting a message saying that there aren't any flights for the arrival or departure dates that I want even when I've tried adjusting them. On the other hand I've looked at different travel websites and the prices seem way cheaper and I can find airfare but I can only find deals for the Grande and not the other two and they don't offer some of the higher end rooms to book.

What are your plans for booking? Any Advice?

Re: Booking Through Sandals or Through Travel Website?

• We used a travel agent to book our honeymoon to Sandals Antigua. The flights were also cheaper with the travel agent than through Sandals. And when the price of our room went down, our agent adjusted it for us.

We used Jennifer from thetropicaltravelers.com
    imageimageimage
  • We honeymooned at Sandals Regency on the hilly bluff suites. We used Nancy from www.myislandgetaways.com and she was a breeze to work with, plus provided a wealth of information for St. Lucia. 

We received a nice room upgrade from her and had our own private pool with butler service. It was the honeymoon of a lifetime and our room had out of control views. We also got an extra spa credit which went to great use (I went 3 times) Nancy arranged our private dinner on the beach among all the other little things she helped us with. When we returned she signed us up for return guests and are getting a nice discount on our anniversary trip. We loved her and she is a really big wig with Sandals. The manager introduced himself to us upon arrival and we felt like rock stars. I am one of those girls who does not feel comfortable booking on line and am a bit too needy.
  • We went on our honeymoon to Sandals Montego Bay and also booked with Nancy Finn of Island Getaways (www.myislandgetaways.com).  She made our experience absolutely amazing!  We were uncomfortable booking directly through the Sandals website since weren't very knowledgeable on the caribbean, the different resorts, room types, what to expect, etc and thanks to Nancy we had absolutely nothing to worry about.  She was very responsive during the whole planning process and calmed any fears/concerns we had while also answering a ton of questions for us and kept in GREAT contact w/ the resorts, airlines, etc keeping us in the loop as to any changes/updates that were taking place.   When we arrived to Jamaica, she totally hooked us up and we were treated like a king/queen!  She told them we were VIP clients and everyone was so incredibly nice and helpful the whole trip.   We couldn't be happier with how our honeymoon turned out... we loved Sandals and will continue going to their resorts and we loved working w/ Nancy all along the way!  We are actually planning another trip w/ Nancy right now for my sister's destination wedding!  I highly recommend using her =)
  • I totally recommend using a travel agent.  We used Joanne from VIP Vacations and she is so great to work with!  When we arrived at Sandals we were greeted by Horace he is the GM there he knew all about VIP which really made us feel good.  We were upgraded when we got to the hotel which was another awesome bonus and I don't know if that is something that you get booking online.  It's nice to work with a TA and know that you always have someone to call and talk to whenever you think of something!
  • We did not book a Sandals we had our DW in Riviera Maya at El Dorado Royale but we did work with Island Getaways and the things that we received and the help we received and pricing and extraswas nothing that we could have gotten from booking on a website.
     Good Luck! 

• This travel agent Sue has been amazing!!!  Im struggling on deciding between St. Lucia and Jamaica and she sends me tons of pics of all  the resorts.  She Travels to them all and she has been cheaper than the sandals site!

travelservice@worldnet.att.net
    Sue Adams

GetAway Travel Service

(262) 538-2140 fax (262) 538-2141

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards