Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Crinoline Question

When I ordered my dress, the sales lady mentioned to me that the crinoline would "have to be sewed in" to the dress. 

Was this the case with most of you?  I was going to buy crinoline online (to save money) and possibly dye it pink.  I suppose I would have to have it completed before my fitting.

I just see dollar signs flying through my head when she says it "has to be sewed in". 

TIA!
Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

Re: Crinoline Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine was attached to a slip that I put on under my dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine was like Shannon's, just a slip that went underneath. I bought it on ebay (new, super full) and including shipping it was maybe $25, if that.

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry I misspoke, it would be a slip that goes underneith. 

Did you both have your slip sewn to your dress?  That's what she was getting at. 

Sorry for the confusion.
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No I didn't have it sewn together.

P.S. I understood what you were asking, I guess my response wasn't clear though :)

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your thoughts!  I see the simplicity in it, but don't think it is necessary myself.

Smile

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I wasn't clear either.  Nope, didn't have mine sewn in to place.  There wouldn't have actually been a reason to do so.  It had an elastic band at the top that held it in place.
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine wasn't sewn in either - I also ebayed a crinoline/hoop skirt for $20 or something (ebay seller angelsbridal) and dyed it pink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine was not sewn in either. I bought mine along with my dress from the bridal shop. The top of the slip had a snap closure that secured it around my waist and it didn't move at all. No need for sewing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine isn't sewn in either - it has hooks and eyes to fasten it on.  I borrowed mine from a friend so it was free. I wouldn't want mine sewn in, my dress weighs twenty pounds already, I don't think the hanger or the dress bag could handle more volume/weight.
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards