Wedding Party

It's WP Tuesday!

How is everyone doing?

If you're watching the news, there's a huge rainstorm hitting the NorthEast right now.

DH has owned the condo for five years and THIS week, the basement flooded.

And it's finished. 

And we're trying to gear up to:
1) Spend time with BIL and SIL who will be in town this week

and

2) Sell this place!!

So right now, I'm kinda bummed. 

Re: It's WP Tuesday!

• MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2010
    Yuck!  What a pain.  

I'm trying to talk myself into starting dinner.  I'm so not in the mood to cook, sort of considering take out.  I'm boring today.  Didn't sleep much.
  • Yikes, you're not in a flood zone, are you?

I'm trying to work on a paper but it's not going so well.  I should probably GBCK for the semester soon but I'd rather not since my wedding is right after that.  Not that I ever get any wedding planning done on TK or anything.
  • Aww, that sucks, Banana!

I'm waiting for FI to call so I can go catch the bus to meet him at work.  He had a long day, but so did I, so if I'm going to be getting home late, I'd rather be able to spend a little extra time with him and take the carpool lanes home than ride the crowded later trains and have to wait forever for him to get through traffic.  Le sigh.

His brother is theoretically crashing with us tonight while he does his second interview at Disney, but we still haven't heard back from him.  So who knows.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Did any furniture get ruined?  So sorry.  That really sucks.

I have laid on the couch all day (no really, I came out here at 4:30am when my cat woke me up).  I feel a little old to still be saying this but I love spring break.  I'll enjoy the last two I'll ever have!

Going to see How to Train Your Dragon tonight with the hubs.  He's been dying to see it.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hello! The Jersey Shore is also being drowned in this lousy weather.

DH is playing D&D with his buddies, so I'm probably here for most of the night, lol.

DH's birthday is in May, and we both have vacation around that time. We decided we want to take a mini-vacation (Like 3/4 days), so I'm trying to look into things for that. I'm completely open to ideas ... unfortunately, DH doesn't have a passport and I don't know if we could get one on time, so that's eliminating a lot of the "romantic getaways" Google keeps spitting at me.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Our area has had some serious issues. Anyone I know with a basement has water in it.

And two towns 20 miles from here have declared a State of Emergency.

Some local schools even dismissed early and other areas have evacuated.

Lucky for us, the local roads that were flooded seem to have receded for now.

BUT, it's supposed to rain for another day.

DH has emptied the wet-vac ELEVEN TIMES.
  • Jagore, we saw How to Train Your Dragon on Sunday.  It's EXCELLENT, easily one of my favorite movies of all time.  Definitely see it in 3D, the flight sequences are worth the price of admission.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • All this talk about crappy whether sort of makes me want to gloat.  It's been sunny all day, and we should see 80 by Friday.  
  • Aerin and Jagore, DH and I have been dying to see How To Train Your Dragon!

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • The weather is supposed to turn tomorrow.  It's going to be in the high 60's and maybe even 70's this weekend which is great.

But now we're going to have to "work" the weekend.

And I have fun plans with SIL on Monday while BIL has to do some stuff for his job before they fly back which is fun.....because my days in my twenties are limited.
  • Man, that sucks, Banana.  I'm in CT too, so I hear you on how bad it's been.  I went outside to the other building at work today and came back with soaked clothes and shoes that felt like mini-lakes.  Not fun.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Baystate, I'm in SE CT.  Norwich and Stonington are BAD.  One of my friends saw a waterfall in her basement.  She's not sure why...but it's certainly not a new feature.
  • Yeah my boss had to go to a meeting today in Norwich and he said it was awful, that the schools have closed.  I'm in southern central CT, so it's not as bad, although it's really ridiculously wet.  I drive by the CT River all the time, and it is SO high.  Scary.

That's terrible about your poor friend.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Just got back from How to Train Your Dragon and it was really good.  I totally recommend it.
  • I chimed in too late. We JUST finished Seder. We had 14 people over. Everyone was really happy and everyone LOVEd my flourless strawberry shortcake! Yeah me!
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Hmmmm, strawberry shortcake.  Recipe please!

Glad that Seder went well.  14 people is a lot to have to cook for.
  • I am in MA right now and while we're not flooded, the weather has definitely put dampers on our vacation and plans...

My ex-BIL and his wife life in RI...my daughter says "they live on a hill" so I hope that they are ok in this horrid situation...

Banana, where in CT are you? My aunt and uncle live in Woodstock...and their farm is a freaking swamp! We were supposed to visit them tomorrow but they told me that it's literally impossible to get onto their property...hopefully we can get together for dinner at least...I also hope that they can get things situated...
  • I missed out on yesterday too :(  had to clean house because the parents are coming to visit.  Then I chased the cat around the house for a while while she was playing with a mouse.  I tried so hard to keep her from running up and releasing it in my room.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards