Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Shred it with weights?

Re: Shred it with weights?

• edited December 2011
    Yes ma'am. I did it this morning. And I could barely climb the steps to get my scrubs out of the dryer. I'm much better now. However, I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.

I'm so not a big fan of squats... at all.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it On Demand by any chance?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am not a fan of squats either.... but I hate my thighs.... but I am not loving how I feel. I like the 30 day shred dvd but this is crazy. haha.  I might just do this every other time I do the dvd. I seen this on the on demand menu and thought I would try. I don't have  kettleball but I just used my dumb bells.
  • edited December 2011
    Are you talking about the 30 day shred? I thought you HAD to do it with weights... probably why I die after doing it... I am starting tonight
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, we are talking about the 30 day shred, right? I thought you had to use weights?

wow. That's what kind of pull Jillian has on us- she's not even there and I thought I had to use weights.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    oh I thought Shred It was something different.  I use weights for 30 Day Shred.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No I am talking about Shred It... lol it is something different. I would not be talking about the 30 day shred, I have talked about that before ;)   And that doesnt make my legs hurt as much as this. LOL   I hate Jillian. My legs are so hurting right now.

amy it is on demand yes. 
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    I might try that tomorrow.  I plan on going to spin tonight so I don't think it would be a good idea to do both. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    yea dont, your legs will die LOL

I wanna do the wii fit sometimes or the just dance game, that is really fun :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm... I'll have to check out this Shred it with weights.  I did my Biggest Loser Wii game yesterday morning... and my calves are a bit sore today!
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    I have the Wii Fit also.  I get bored with it though.  I like the Wii Active.  I did that a lot last year when I didn't belong to the gym. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

The Wii Fit by itself is kinda boring.  But the Biggest Loser game is kind of awesome.  It personalizes to your ability/goal/etc.

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I know, it might be boring but I should use it, FI bought the wii and wii fit for me last xmas... and I hardly use it. He gets mad and says YOU NEVER PLAY IT! So I should attempt.
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    I didn't like the Biggest Loser one at all.  I need to get rid of it because I rarely use it.  I'd rather do Jillian Michaels workout DVDs. 

B2B- my FI bought it for me in July for my birthday.... I've only used it a few times.  I need to bring it out more. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    my bad... I just started the 30 day... let me get a little used to it first... :)

I have to say though, I'm pretty proud of how much more awake & healthier I feel already today. :) Between the getting up to work out, and not eating crap today, I'm feeling good! (despite a cold)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got shred it with weights for christmas, but haven't been able to due it with my knee. 

Have you tried her No more trouble zones?  It's killer too, but my arms NEVER looked better when I did it.
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Mana- is that one hard to do? This one today was complicated and confused me a little haha. So I rather do the 30 day shred really.

ps. i totally just ate chocolate cake I had left over from lunch Saturday. LOL  I am a winner.
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    I like No More Trouble Zones.  I've done that a few times.  I like to mix it up.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NMTZ - is curcuit training with weights. No cardio besides lunges etc with arm excerises. 

Banish Fat, Boost Mebolism - all cardio, again with the curcuit training.  I didn't like this too much since I'm in a second floor apt and it's a lot of jumping... lots of kick boxing moves.

I also have Power Sclupt from Biggest loser and it's a good start weight training DVD, and I have Cardio Max from Biggest Loser and makes your sweat.

I found them all hard in the begining.  I find I'm trying to figure out the move more than working out the first couple times.  Then it gets easier.
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I like the circuits she does, makes it easier on me and time goes fast that way.

I guess I just need to pay attention and follow directions better ;)  I seem to get too confused doing these workouts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards