New Hampshire

125 Bridal in Plaistow?

Have any of you been there? I loved a dress they had on display at a Bridal Expo a few months ago so I made an appointment which is in a couple weeks from now. Im so excited but I started looking at reviews for the place and they are absolutely HORRIBLE!! Im so upset.. So Im definitely planning on going to other places I guess too. I dont want my dress shopping to be a bad experience. Have any of you gone there and hated the experience?? Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 125 Bridal in Plaistow?

• edited December 2011
    Well I did some more reseach and they are under new management and I think the first yahoo reviews I read may have been outdated.. Oops. Now I'm excited again. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I had a bad experience there when I was looking for bridesmaids dresses.  Even though they carried the designers they didn't have any of the 8 dresses I was looking for.  The saleswoman then got really pushy and started pulling dress and styles that I told her I didn't want.  We immediately walked out.  Hopefully you'll have a better experience.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Haha Oh great... Ya I have other places in mind now definitely
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MrsR0511MrsR0511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress there- I felt like they had more styles that I liked than other places. They definitely are a little pushy to make a sale but as long as you are comfortable saying you want to think about it if you aren't sure then you're fine. I did that and then went back a few days later and tried the dress on again and bought it there. DO NOT get your alterations done there though- their alterations woman was awful- although I know they hired a new woman last month so she might be better. HTH!
    BFP 9/4/12 EDD 5/9/13 missed m/c 10/10/12 BFP 2/26/13 EDD 10/29/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [Raises hand].....also had a bad experience there.  Not only were they pushy, and said that the coupon that they gave me at a bridal show was only good if you bought your dress on the first visit.  The dress that I liked, (which I had already tried on at another salon)---was over $200 more at 125 Bridal than it was at Modern Bride (Bedford), which I had originally seen it at.  End of the story--I bought the same dress at Modern Bride...they've been fantastic there.  If you haven't tried them yet--I would recommend you do so.  They're on Rt. 101 in Bedford, near the Ethan Allen furniture gallery.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I HATE 125 Bridal! I had a HORRIBLE experience and actually cried on the way home.  The woman told me I had "folds" and "couldn't fit into the dress" I wanted to try on that I saw on another bride.  They actually had the nerve at the end of the visit to hand me a list of tux options they have there and I was like good luck lady if you think I'm fat (and I'm not that big of a girl) you'll make my bridal party cry in the store!

Waaay back when they opened many years ago they had an amazing owner (she was my neighbor growing up) but she sold the store.  125's always been bad though we looked for prom dresses there but they were always expensive.  I was a BM in my friend's wedding and they talked her sister a size 14 into a size 22 dress so they could charge her more (she's a super tomboy so she didn't get how to measure you're true size).  The dress was really ugly and fit really bad.  At the very least please don't get your alterations there, I used Nora's Alterations on 125 and had a MUCH better experience!

Honestly I think you're better off without them.  Most websites will show you where you can find their dresses.  I had a great experience at Natasha's Bridal in Methuen (that's where I bought my dress).  Country Bridal in Jaffrey was outstanding too and I wish I bought my dress there.

Modern Bride and Madeline's Daughter get really great reviews on here too.

GL!
  • edited December 2011
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Im planning on going to Modern Bride in a couple weeks so Im not even getting my hopes up about 125 anymore
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bklg1111bklg1111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at 125 bridal.. I got talked into getting a dress at Modern Bride in Bedford that I wasn't in love with. I went to 125 and got my dress there. I worked with the same girl all three times I was there, and I got 10 (or 20 I cant remember) off all my girls dresses for getting them there. I had a great experience with them, and I was just there a few months ago =)

Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to 125 Briday for my dress and I ended up buying the second dress I tried on. I was crunched for time because I am an out-of-town bride but I didn't feel like my experience was horrible.

I am getting my alterations done there and I felt comfortable at my first fitting a few months ago, however, they are REALLY expensive! For just a bussel, a hem, and being slightly taken in was over $500! I was totally shocked by that! However, I am crunched for time and 125 is close to my venue and my parents house so it is more of a convenience for me.

They could deff use better customer service, however, your not always going to get the magical experience like SAY YES TO THE DRESS.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards