August 2012 Weddings

things put in perspective (for me)

mom's sick, fighting with the nursing home that's not providing her adequate care-and which is holding her hostage, now they are saying she might lose her insurance.  Fi had to take the 3am shift at work so he can drive mom up to Sayer for a dr's appointment (and we're praying the hospital will admit her because then the nursing home is relieved of "possession" and we would no longer have to deal with them).  I'm at wits end, losing lbs from being so sick to my stomach over all of this. 

My pay has gotten messed up and we're short like 1000 for the vendors, so Ive been stressing about that....and on the phone with people unwilling to help get the check to me

And then I had my hair trial yesterday.  I started crying right in the salon because I didn't like what the lady had done and I couldn't find a picture of anything I liked.  I gathered my self and the hair dresser tried something else.  I didn't like it, but I agreed to it, because something just came over me and I came to a realization.....for me (I am by no means saying that details aren't important)

as long as my mom is there and I marry the love of my life, I don't care what my hair looks like, who's in what dress or how the napkins are folded. 

Re: things put in perspective (for me)

• I'm so sorry you have so much stress with your Mom's care.  You're a good daughter for putting her well being first.  Your priorities are in the right place.

That said, don't be afraid to figure out ways to tweak it.  Do you have pictures of what she did?  She can do something slightly different on the day, I'm sure of it!  We can find inspiration pictures for you.  How long is your hair?  What are you looking for - you said half up?

Can you call the vendors and let them know about the pay discrepency and that you'll pay them as soon as possible?  I'm sure most of them have a heart, and will understand between your Mom's care and your pay discrepency, this is not something you need to worry about right this minute.

Good luck!

Anniversary

• Sorry you are going through this with your mom.  I agree with you that the little details that we get wrapped up in and sometimes obsess about don't matter in the grand scheme of things.  If you truly are unhappy with the hair you can still change it the day of to something else.  If you are interested in looking for additional inspriation there are some photos on my pinterest board here

http://pinterest.com/dawny917/wedding-stuff/

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    I'm sorry so much is going on for you right now in addition to wedding planning stress. I am thinking good thoughts for your mom! And hopefully as long as you offer vendors something in the way of payment they will be willing to work with you on getting paid in full.

But your last statement hits the nail on the head--you have to focus on what's really important. During this last month when I get stressed out I reassure myself because at the end of the day all of the major stuff is done and I just want to focus on my last month of engagement EVER and be happy!
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • Can I give you a great big hug? I know it doesn't help, but a hug can't hurt!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry that you are dealing with all of these things right now.  My heart goes out to you and your mom.  LIke you said, keeping the big picture in mind is key!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards