Pre-wedding Parties

Would you enjoy this sort of shower?

All the bridesmaids are planning a bridal shower for my sister. Usually we have an afternoon tea with finger sandwiches, salads and desserts.  But since she has a smaller guest list (and she is the one who usually takes charge of the bridal showers) we were thinking of doing something different.

Since she having her wedding in France, I thought it would be great if we hosted a traditional French Lunch (Appertif, L'entree, Le Plat Principal, Le Fromage, Le Dessert,  Le Cafe / Digestive)  It would be different from what we always do and give those who are not going to be there a taste of France. I'm thinking of renting linens & glasses so it looks exactly like a French Restaurant.

My sister is someone who usually likes things to be the same.  I want her to enjoy her bridal shower and I'm worried that she will be disappointed that we are not throwing her the same type of party she threw for us (she is the last to get married)  Do you think that she will be pleased with the originality of the shower or disappointed because it doesn't meet her expectations?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would you enjoy this sort of shower?

• edited December 2011
    I think she will be amazed that you put so much thought into her shower. She'll probably be surprised at the change of pace, but in a nice way : )

I'm curious about your menu.

• mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a French theme would be fabulous.  Keep in mind that when you plan the shower, you're thinking about her likes and interests.  I think taking the fact that she's getting married in France and incorporating that into the shower is a wonderful idea.

Good luck!
  • ReneeDearReneeDear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Royal (Sparkling wine with cassis)
    Salmon Mousse on cucumber slices
    Grilled Asparagus Salad
    Boullabaise
    Porfertoles (cream puffs with ice cream and chocoalte sauce)
    Coffee with truffles
    Digestif - undecided

Please forgive my spelling. I thought between courses we could have games, toasts, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MandK9MandK9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it sounds lovely, and I'm sure she will be thrilled with the theme :) I would love it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• edited December 2011
    I am super jealous of her getting married in France. As someone who would love for that to happen, I would love this shower idea. I say go for it!
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That all sounds amazing! She'll love it! I would love if someone I knew was getting married in France, great excuse to finally get over there!
  • KJ7985KJ7985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it sounds like fun and, if she's getting married in France, I'm sure she'll love it. If you're really that worried about it...perhaps you should ask her!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Agree with PPs, sounds great and is very thoughtful.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am drooling just reading that menu, so I say do it!
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful menu. That will be a very nice treat for your sister and your guests.

• asialee2asialee2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that would be great, especially if people coming to the shower can't make it to France. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I love the theme! I agree that she will be amazed with the amount of thought you put into planning this for her!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Love it; maybe also a second entree option for people who don't do shellfish?  Something with a french sauce... I'm drooling thinking about it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards