October 2013 Weddings

Ugh Mondays

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was me working all weekend, the only good thing about it was that I made over $500 serving so thats a win.

W/R: We figured out cake. We are doing cupcakes in three different flavors. Red velvet with cream cheese frosting, raspberry with cream cheese frosting and then traditional marble with buttercream. I still have to figure out designs/colors but those plus FI's birthday cake are only going to be around $120. We are only getting 6 dozen since there are these cream puff things on the tables with dinner and we are having a candy buffet.

I brought my sand ceremony vase in to be etched and picked out our design on that.

I also bought all my ribbon for center pieces and bouquets from Michaels. I bought extras since they were on sale and I can always return them if needed.

Re: Ugh Mondays

• Sounds like a productive weekend! 

I was sick on Friday and Saturday (well, still am). Didn't do a lot other than sit on the couch and watch tv. I also ordered some wedding stuff off etsy- love that site! Not a whole lot of WR decisions tho. Worked yesterday and had to drive home in the slush. I wish people would learn how to drive :(

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mmmm, red velvet cupcakes!!! We're cake tasting 3 weekends from now, and we're going with the cupcake plan too. :)

I think we just decided on our guest book. Like, just now, haha. I saw the idea on the DIY boards here, actually. Since our reception is going to be at the IMA (home of the original Robert Indiana LOVE statue) we're slowly incorporating that into parts of our day. Like the guestbook!

I sent our STDs on Saturday!!! Beyond that, not many other WR stuff happened. Next weekend I'm planning on hitting up the craft stores to look for the ceremony/reception sign pieces, as well as the guestbook pieces, now that we have that decided. And I will work on my bouquet this week. I will work on it this week...
  • My weekend was good :) Lots of good times with friends.

W/R: Just booked my suite at a hotel within walking distance to the venue for the night before and the night of the wedding. It will be where us girls get ready, so we needed plenty of room. Still haven't decided on a block there though. Just found out that if they don't book all the rooms I have to pay for them (stupid!).

Will be cupcake tasting soon! We will probably get 3-4 flavors as well. Tasting about 5 flavors I think.

Went and talked to the lady who will alter my dress as soon as I lose some more weight and it won't be that expensive.

Trying to get an accurate guest list from my FMIL/FI and they are being a little slow on this and driving me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't do anything this weekend besides play The Sims and watch The Office. My mom's about to have major neurosurgery, and this has been brewing since November, so wedding planning accomplishments are extremely few and far between.

It makes me feel pretty useless when I see how far behind I am in relation to my month peers :(.

• I think I already posted this in another thread, but don't remember?If so, I apologize for the repeat of info.

Nothing wedding related over the weekend - but last week, we did visit our pastor to begin the discussion about our ceremony. That went well and made it feel very "real." 

Have some options regarding cake some other small decisions to make - but nothing "pressing."

Bridesmaids should be ordering dresses this week - I think. That's pretty exciting.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Yumm cake!  We are going on Wednesday for our cake tasting.  We went yesterday to look at wedding bands.  I found two that I like but I still want to look around.  My stamp that i am using for our return address got mailed yesterday so excited!  Then I can finally send out out STD's when we get back from Florida next week.  We are also doing a sand ceremony.  That is something I should prob look at next,  Etsy had some really cute ones!  I also made my appointment to go meet with my florist on feb 20th.  Can't wait to get to March and hopefully relax a bit!

Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards