Illinois-Chicago

wedding dress alterations

I purchased my dress from a store in the Chicago, IL area and the shop charges a flat rate of $400 and all I need is for my dress to be taken up a little because, it is to long and a busle(sp) put in because, my dress does not have one. Does anyone know of any shops/individuals in the Chicagoland area that does alterations?? I called a few stores and they can not do it because, I did not purchase my dress from them. HELP PLEASE!!

Re: wedding dress alterations

• Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Mary Catomy - she did my alterations and was wonderful to work with.  She is pretty popular and her dates book fast so give her a call to get on her calendar. She is also very reasonable!
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • Do you have any contact information for her?
  • I had a bridesmaid dress altered at Ms. Couture at North/Clybourn in the city. They did a really nice job, but it was on the pricey side. With my BM dress, she essentially had to take it down an entire size and it was a little over $200 (which is what I paid for the dress in the first place!!) I would get my wedding dress done there, but I am having my dress store in Michigan take care of it. They seem to specialize in wedding gowns, so the should be able to do what you need. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here is a link on Yelp that has reviews of her work as well as her phone number:

The email I had used to reach her was catomy@sbcglobal.net

Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • LOVE Mary Catomy...she is simply amazing. Email her now!
  • Contact Taylor Wilson the owner of TW Style. She's wonderful with alterations and custom work. She's affordable, and speedy with quality work - Send her an email info@taylorwilsonstyle.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards