New Jersey
Options

Low Key Bachelorette

Does anyone have suggestions for a very low key bachelorette party near Northern NJ or NYC (even upstate)?  It would be summertime and preferably a one-day daytime event.  Thanks in advance!

Re: Low Key Bachelorette

• Options

We are doing a spa day and then a poolside lunch followed by dinner. :)

• Options
    How about a wine tour in upstate NY?
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    If you're willling to go to PA, I LOVED the New Hope Winery in New Hope, PA. It was about a 40 min trip from Morris Country. The wines were great, inexpensive (the most expensive was like, 20$) if you want to get some to take home, and if you're going with a group they put out an awesome spread of snacks and desserts. I went during my senior week last year and had an awesome time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'm trying to stay away from too much drinking by doing something in the day. A friend of mine had a spa day and we didn't get to spend as much time together as I would have liked. Does anyone have fun places to go to a special lunch? Maybe rooftop or something fancy you wouldn't do normally? Thanks again :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Since you mentioned upstate NY, what about Saratoga or Lake George? It's really beautiful up there. Saratoga has great restaurants and you could go to the racetrack-- it's a lot of fun.  Lake George is also pretty and very relaxing! There is a beautiful hotel where you can go for tea and spa -- Sagamore

imageAnniversary
  • Options
    You can take a dinner cruise on lake George...
  • Options
    What about a sailboat ride around NYC?  I have gone on a boat called the Manhattan that leaves from Chelsea Piers, it lasted 3 hours - they do different types of themed sails.  For example, I went on a wine tasting cruise but they do others if you are looking to avoid alcohol.  Then you could do dinner afterwards and call it a day. 
    Another option is to have the party at someone's home and hire one of those spa companies to come to you and do manis/pedis and massages. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Lunch at the Boathouse in Central Park.

A day at Action Park / Mountain Creek water park in Vernon, NJ.  It's not exactly low key b/c it's an active thing but it's a day thing with no booze.  You can all sit & relax by the wave pool. 

A trip to an museum & w/ lunch before or after

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards