Indiana-Indianapolis

Southern Dunes

Has anybody had any experience with Southern Dunes golf course on the south side of Indy?? It seems pretty affordable which is definitely a plus!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Southern Dunes

• hjay07hjay07 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a couple receptions there and both were really nice, food was great! I looked into their pricing when planning my wedding and was surprised at how affordable it is. We decided on another venue only because of space limitations.

• kmgreccokmgrecco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We actually booked our reception there for October.  It was definately more afforable that some of the other places we looked.  And Jason is great at responding to my emails and questions, which is a big plus for me!  And yes, as pp post said they are limited on space (depending on what you need).  I think they max out at 200 or 220.. and that would be very tight! 
  • We got married at SD this past October. We got married out back, just below the balcony to the reception area. The clubhouse looked so beautiful in the background of all our pictures. We LOVED that aspect of it. However, we were more than disappointed with Jason's attitude after our final meeting. You know, the one where they get the rest of the balance. It was almost like that was the only thing that mattered. Jason was GREAT prior to that meeting.

The day of 'coordinator' ,Susie, was also great before that. Then the day of the wedding lots of things were not done that were supposed to be and Susie was not even close to as nice as she was the days we met her before. Jason was no where to be found and very hard to get on the phone. My bro-in-law finally took over and everything eventually got done, but it was way more stressful on me than I would have liked for the day of my wedding.

However, the food was awesome! Charles Bryant is a great chef and everything with the food seemed perfect. He also did our cake which I heard was quite yummy, but I never did take the time to eat a piece. If you can deal with the lack of customer care the day of, it was a pretty, relatively cheap place for a small wedding (we had about 75 ppl).  Also make sure you keep track of all your specific requests and have him write them down on the last agreement you sign when you pay the balance. And make sure you have someone to coordinate the day of, because Susie was MIA, even for when the wedding party was making the entrance, we had to let ourselves out of the doors and hope we can hear the DJ announce our names.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards