Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Please let me know what you think

Hello Brides to Be! So I need opinions (nice honest ones …) We were going to have an Orange / Brown theme at our September Wedding.

1)      The Groom and I love our Football Team (Cleveland Browns)
2)      I think they are fabulous fall colors
3)      He (the groom)actually is excited to plan this because of the theme

I am pretty sure we are going to have chocolate(or truffle) brown bridesmaid dresses with an orange sash.  The dresses will be knee length  – either strapless or halter style .  I was going to have the girls wear orange shoes to match. I would incorporate Gold accents too.The flowers would be  orange and red (fall colors) . We were thinking of having the guys wear chocolate tuxes with orange vests/ tiesAnd the groom  would have either champagne or gold vest / tie with his.  The thing is  - I do not want it to look ” washed out ”. I think it would look good with the orange accents to break everything up. What do you guys think? Is the Brown Dresses too much ? Should I do an orange dress with a brown sash instead? 

Please advise! Thanks in advance !   

Re: Please let me know what you think

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I hate sashes so no, I don't think you should do orange dresses with brown sash or the other way around.  I think that as long as you pick a bright orange and not a mute, rustic orange the colors will not look "washed out".  Same for the gold - a vibrant gold, not brassy yellow.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of my best friends got married a few years ago and I was a bridesmaid. She had us in really pretty brown bridesmaids dresses. The guys wore black tuxes with black vests, except for the groom who had a white vest. You could do something similar and bring the orange in in the bouquets. Or you could do orange bridesmaids dresses and the brown tuxes. It depends on the hues of orange and brown. Just my opinion though. Orange and brown and gold are really pretty fall wedding colors!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    starshine985starshine985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just like pp, I was in a wedding a few years ago in which the girls wore brown dresses (with brown shoes) and the guys had black tuxes with brown/black ties and brown vest.  The guys had an orange flower and our bridesmaids bouquets were a mix of reds and oranges.  It was very pretty.  I see nothing wrong with your ideas and think it will look really nice!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    saraparasarapara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girls will be in brown dresses.  My accent color is champagne, but I think orange will look nice and very fall like. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JenLeeSJenLeeS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went to a wedding in October with brown bridesmaid dress, specifically the color Truffle from David's Bridal. They had an orange sequin accent on the bust line. They were lovely with fall colored flowers. Really, I wouldn't give it a second thought. It will be beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kappa09kappa09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my sorority sisters designed her fall wedding around the Browns' colors, and it was one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever been to.  Go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards