Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

georgetown centre

Has anyone been to a wedding here? We are having both the ceremony and reception here. I've just changed rooms, so now we are in the Nottingham room with 100 people. I just want to make sure things are very nice and smooth

Re: georgetown centre

• I have known people who had weddings there and the only complaint I heard were that the rooms are too close together and you could hear the other people's music. I actually had my baby shower there and it was awesome. Was happy with everything. The food was typical banquet food but very good. Good luck!
  • My cousin had her reception there in both rooms open but it was nice a little small for how many they had. Just as PP said you can here things so make sure you double checl with what is also happening that night. It is kinda of awkward place in my mind to have 2 events happening since it is small and the enterance isn't very large. Nice, but not my type. From what I hear they are super nice
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks so much. It does seem small to have two events at the same time. As of now we are the only one booked that day. They seem very nice and helpful. I'm wondering if they would allow us to do a signature drink
  • I have to say that I was very disappointed with my experience here. My consultant was great, very helpful. However my fiancee and I had a major disaster (long story short, someone crashed their car through our home). The owner refused to return my calls and would not help with a transfer of the date after we paid our deposit. His lack of professionalism and compassion had completely turned me off to this venue. I'm out my deposit. Oh well. However, a real business owner should at least take the time to return a call from a patron that he has taken $750 from without the option of a date transfer or refund. Shame on him. We have since made other arrangements and are looking forward to a beautiful wedding. The Georgetown will not be included.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards