Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Hair Salons for a blowout in Oakland??

So....I'm going to Pittsburgh in ~2 months for our food/cake tasting and e-pics (yay!)  I have difficult hair to work with, and would love to go to a salon and have them take care of my hair for me - get a blowout or style or something.

Anyone have recommendations?? I'm happy to drive anywhere within 20 min of Oakland (maybe even 30) for someone good!

Re: Hair Salons for a blowout in Oakland??

• pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go see Brooke! Her salon is in the bottom of the Washington Plaza apartments by the Mellon Arena. It's maybe 10-15 minutes from Oakland, just shoot right down Centre Avenue. I got my hair washed, cut and styled a few weeks ago and it was less than 30 dollars.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I always go to Hair Topics in Imperial -they do a great job at a reasonable price
    however there is a Philip Pelusi in the South Side (18th street i think?) only 5min from Oakland

Im having a PGH wedding too! any tips?
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh...and can we have another GTG when you're in town? When will you be here?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @panther - I'd be up for a quick GTG before FI gets in on Thursday! (or after he leaves on Sunday).  I get in the 27th mid-day and leave the 30th late.  Steelers/Pats game is on the 30th...just saying. =P

@Natalie - we have TONS of weddings tips!  Tell us some more about your wedding/location/etc and we'd be happy to chime in.
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second brooke! infact i was just there today for my first cut post wedding (nothing dramatic just 2 inches)

• do you have the name of her salon and or a phone number?  Will she do my wedding party?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards