June 2013 Weddings
Options

Hello Board!

Hello- I would just like to introduce myself.  And share our proposal story

Our neighbors in the apartment next to us love to slam their doors. Well my dog doesn’t like hearing slamming doors so early in the morning so he barks like crazy. So when he can’t relax we go to the living room and watch some TV for background noise and he can fall back asleep and so can I. So I’m half asleep with my sexy night guard in my mouth and my boyfriend comes into the living room gives me a beautiful box and says, “Now you have to plan a date”.  And walks away! I yell through the apartment, “Whoa, don’t you even want to ask me”? He says, “Well come here than”. So I jump off the recliner run through the living room and dining room, come barreling around the corner to find him on one knee with another box opened with a beautiful ring. I jump because he scared me, but also because I was not expecting to see that. He asked me to marry him and I started to cry. I felt like I couldn’t breathe. Like his surprise and proposal took my breath away. It was the best feeling. He says, “Are you going to answer me”? I said “YES!!” We hugged and kissed. I got my breathe back and we immediately got on the horn. We called our mothers first. He got me really good. And I loved it! 

I am so excited to plan our wedding. I want it to just be fun for everyone involved and a great memory for everyone. I can’t wait to work on DIY projects. I want our wedding to have a lot of personal touches. We are currently looking for a reception site and photographer and hopefully my fiance’s church is not too much. I am so excited!! 

Sorry if this is too long. This is only my 2nd knot post

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hello Board!

• Options
    That's a great proposal story! Now, tell us more about you and your FI (and your doggy too!)!
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Cute story! Congrats and welcome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!! Are you aiming for a particular date in June? What sorts of DIY projects are you thinking of tackling?
  • Options
    congrats and welcome! what is your potential date?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Congrats!  What a cute story :-)
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    That's so cute! Welcome to the board and like PP said-tell us more! Colors, date, theme?

And don't be shy here, we are a friendly bunch!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aw!!!!!!!!!!! So cute :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How cute! Congrats! These ladies are super helpful. Hope you like it here :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh that is such a great proposal story! :) Do you have a date picked?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Great proposal and welcome.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Congrats! Cute story.
  • Options
    Chels&JimmyChels&Jimmy member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Congratuations and welcome!!! :)

P.S. I see that your avatar is a picture of a Yorkie... yours? I have a Yorkie too! She's my avatar pic. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thank you everyone for a warm welcome! I am so glad that we have a friendly group of bridestobe. June 2013 seems so far away! So a little bit about myself
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Sorry I was having some mobile knot problems

We are hoping for June 1st. But it all depends on if we can get a reception venue for the same date. For colors we were thinking of either different shades of purple with black and white accents or a shade of purple and true red and the accents of black and white. 

I am a dental hygienist and my fiance is a retail manager. Some of the diy projects that I hope to do are:

YES/NO- STOP/GO signs for dress shopping with my girls

STDs and Invites

Centerpieces (maybe)

Card Box

That’s all I got for now but I hope to find a lot more. I’m open for suggestions.....

And that is my little guy Sami in my Avatar

Tell me about yourself

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome to the board!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards