California-Bay Area

Looking for somewhere to stay in San Francisco

Hello, we are planning on going to San Francisco for our honeymoon and could use some tips on where to stay.  I would LOVE a place that has a spa in the hotel so we can get massages without leaving.  We have never been to San Francisco and are having a hard time narrowing it down.  Any suggestions/tips/ideas would be fantastic!  We are going to Mid December and we are on a budget so I am hoping we can find a place for no more than $150 a night but is still really nice.

Thanks!

Re: Looking for somewhere to stay in San Francisco

• MonicaRaye84MonicaRaye84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello, we are planning on going to San Francisco for our honeymoon and could use some tips on where to stay.  I would LOVE a place that has a spa in the hotel so we can get massages without leaving.  We have never been to San Francisco and are having a hard time narrowing it down.  Any suggestions/tips/ideas would be fantastic!  We are going to Mid December and we are on a budget so I am hoping we can find a place for no more than $150 a night but is still really nice.

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    hmmm...150 might be tough. I've heard the Huntington Hotel in Nob Hill is pretty nice, it's got an old school vibe to it and I've seen it for $160ish. They have a spa but unforunately, I've never been to it. http://www.tablethotels.com/The-Huntington-Hotel-Nob-Hill-Spa/San-Francisco-Bay-Area-Hotels-California-USA/1801#right But look on kayak or something because they're regular rates are probably higher. 

If money is not an option I love love LOVE the St. Regis.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd troll travelzoo and similar discount travel sites to try to get reasonable rates, but $150/night isn't going to go far in downtown SF.  I love the Palace or the St. Francis, if you can get them.
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You could stay at the Intercontinental Mark Hopkins. It doesn't have a spa, but you can go across the street to the spa at the Fairmont.

The Mark Hopkins is on Nob Hill and has a restaurant called Top of the Mark with fantastic views.
  • cassandrae913cassandrae913 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The major hotels in SF, Huntington, Mark Hopkins, Fairmont, St. Francis and the Palace are all going to be upwards of 250 a night. Your best bet is to look up spa packages and go from there.

Hotels with good spas in them: Huntington, Hotel Vitale, St. Regis.

150/ night in SF is very hard to do for a decent hotel. Massages start at 140 for 50 minutes if that helps you with price points. I would say 250/night is probably more likely.
    Be very careful when booking a cheap hotel-the neighborhoods in downtown SF change very very quickly and you can easily find yourself in a terrible area.
    The Hotel Adiago might be a good option for under 150/night, it is downtown, but it has no spa.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards