Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Drink Suggestions Please!

Ok, so FI and I got into a discussion the other day about our reception.  He doesn't want ANY alcohol at all.  I don't see anything wrong with some alcohol.  So I thought of coming up with like 2 or 3 low alcohol drinks we can serve.  I know my family and his family and everyone likes to drink a little.  Not to get wasted, just allows people to relax and chill I guess.  Any suggestions on some drinks?? 

I figured maybe I could present him with some ideas... 

Thanks! 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Drink Suggestions Please!

• edited December 2011
    What about just serving beer and wine?  You could add a signature cocktail if you want.  I think that you'll please more people with beer and wine than with 2 or 3 hard alcohol drinks, and it's nice to have a glass of wine with dinner, IMO. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_drink-suggestions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:aaa64dcc-76ee-46df-ae24-77ced70eceebPost:b2d68795-3ee5-42c2-b06d-28a62601f4c1">Re: Drink Suggestions Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about just serving beer and wine?  You could add a signature cocktail if you want.  I think that you'll please more people with beer and wine than with 2 or 3 hard alcohol drinks, and it's nice to have a glass of wine with dinner, IMO. 
    Posted by jessicabessica[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I wasn't sure how to go about it.  This is a good idea.  Thanks!
  • soozy87soozy87 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was and am in the same boat as your fiance....we didn't have alcohol....we just had pop, bottled water and coffee. Just my own personal view on things, but if your fiance doesn't want it for $$ reasons that is one thing, but if it is for more personal reasons you may want to sit down and discuss it with him a little more.
    ~May 21,2011~
  • blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_drink-suggestions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:aaa64dcc-76ee-46df-ae24-77ced70eceebPost:b2d68795-3ee5-42c2-b06d-28a62601f4c1">Re: Drink Suggestions Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about just serving beer and wine?  You could add a signature cocktail if you want.  I think that you'll please more people with beer and wine than with 2 or 3 hard alcohol drinks, and it's nice to have a glass of wine with dinner, IMO. 
    Posted by jessicabessica[/QUOTE]

I would add one signature drink with the beer and wine because there are many who really hate beer and wine and that way you have a good selection.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_drink-suggestions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:aaa64dcc-76ee-46df-ae24-77ced70eceebPost:7d5a1eb5-d6a0-42e0-8dcb-0b72eaaee11c">Re: Drink Suggestions Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was and am in the same boat as your fiance....we didn't have alcohol....we just had pop, bottled water and coffee. Just my own personal view on things, but if your fiance doesn't want it for $$ reasons that is one thing, but if it is for more personal reasons you may want to sit down and discuss it with him a little more.
    Posted by soozy87[/QUOTE]

We are definitely talking more about it.  Neither one of us want a bunch of drunk people at our wedding.  We're not really drinkers.  Really just on special occasions or every now and then we'll have A drink. But I'm not against it and I'm not going to get so much booze that people would be able to get drunk. I'm really starting to think like a champagne/wine or soemthing for the toast and if nobody likes it, then they don't have to drink it. I mean it is OUR wedding.  So I do see my FI's point of view! We'll see...   

I actually think it would be fun to have a barista.  We both love coffee.  I think everbody in my family loves coffee!

Anyways, thanks for the advice! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Stick with beer, wine, champagne for toasting... and I personally am a huuuge fan of alcoholic cider (Magner's is the best, but other brands are Woodchuck, Strongbow and Original sin... which would be kind of funny at a wedding!). Avoid hard alcohol all together. If your family aren't big drinkers anyway, no one will miss it and you'll save a ton of money!
    "We float like two lovers in a painting by Chagall..."
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_drink-suggestions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:aaa64dcc-76ee-46df-ae24-77ced70eceebPost:791306cf-795a-4e53-9287-166abfa07d80">Re: Drink Suggestions Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stick with beer, wine, champagne for toasting... and I personally am a huuuge fan of alcoholic cider (Magner's is the best, but other brands are Woodchuck, Strongbow and Original sin... which would be kind of funny at a wedding!). Avoid hard alcohol all together. If your family aren't big drinkers anyway, no one will miss it and you'll save a ton of money!
    Posted by Hollygowedding[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion!!!  Well FI and I aren't big drinkers... but my family.... uhm yeah my family likes to drink and party and my FI's family likes to drink too... we're kind of odd haha!!  No we both partied and are over it.  I don't mine having a drink.  Personally, I'm really shy and having a beer or a glass of wine helps me be more social and relaxed...  Maybe that's terrible, I don't know, but we just don't want people getting too out of control drunk which we're afraid will happen.  So I think if we keep it limited to how much alcohol we will have then it won't be so bad.  We're talking about it more! It's definitely something we can wait to make a final decision on...  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards