Florida-West Coast

Need help with Wedding Activity Books please!

I want to make an activity book for the kids at the wedding. There will be a lot and I know how boring weddings can be for children, especially ones that are too shy to dance. I have a general layout with puzzles, coloring pages and draw your own picture pages. I finished one today and I dont really like it... Here is a picture of the front page 
I have three issues with it
1. there are bubbles in the front and back cover bc i glued regular printer paper to construction paper. (first dumb mistake)
2. the coloring pages and puzzles are visible through the printer paper 
3. Kevin thinks there too much ribbon but I had to cover up the staples....

I dont know what to do... Kevin thinks I should just scrap the whole thing but I really want to do something nice for the kids. I know if I went to a wedding when I was younger and I had an activity book made just for me, waiting at my seat, I would feel really special. I know if I changed the paper it would solve 2 of my 3 problems but I dont know what kind to use. Any suggestions? Have any of you ladies made your own activity books? Please help! I want to prove Kevin wrong lol
TIA,
Kim

Re: Need help with Wedding Activity Books please!

• edited December 2011
    I'm too lazy, I'd rather just go to the dollar store and buy a few disney coloring books or something. :) and, anyways, it's your wedding... the children's parents should find things to keep their kid entertained... ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    instead of glue, get the elmer's glue tape (comes in a rolly thing like white out).

You may want to get heavier stock paper for the cover.  And I wouldn't worry about the staplers.
  • kmf218kmf218 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    elmers glue tape?!? they make that?! lol holly crap that could work 
  • kmf218kmf218 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oops hit send before I was done lol Thank you ChrislovesBarry!Smile

KrystalsKitsch: thats what my FI wants to do and what he said lol almost verbatim lol idk I guess I just want it to be easy on everyone...except me lol I think I'm going to try the glue tape 
  • edited December 2011
    THe ELmer's stuff is the best.  My mom actually found it...and I've used it on every paper product for the wedding...including the invitations.  If you have trouble finding it...PM me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards