Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Your Rehearsal Dinner

I am just wondering if anyone has any RD Rec's in the northen suburbs (Blaine/Ham Lake/Coon Rapids area)

We want some sort of buffet style dinner in a private room for us only but are having a hard time finding a place.  Broadway Pizza on 65 (formerly Tasty's) is already booked the night before our wedding :(

Re: Your Rehearsal Dinner

• edited December 2011
    I'm in Brooklyn Park and some of our favs that I think would be good for a RD are:
    - Mavericks (technically in Champlin) - SUPER good!
    - Morgans in the Park
    - Mad Jacks
    You could try Broadway pizza in Champlin or Maple Grove
    My sister had her RD at the old Moonrock in Champin, I believe it is called something else now
    - There are a ton of new restaurants in Maple Grove
    Just a few ideas! GL
  • edited December 2011
    You could do it the thursday before then if people drink to much there are no hang overs for your wedding day!?
  • bellaxanthebellaxanthe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our family is up in that direction but we ended up having ours at the Grumpy's in Roseville. It has a great room that overlooks the bar.  Other's we looked at were in Anoka  and the Mermaid (not so private rooms).
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_rehearsal-dinner-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:bfeb0aba-e0a3-4d33-8e13-660dad7be966Post:a7b23a7e-14f1-49f5-bf68-546db7f76786">Re: Your Rehearsal Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could do it the thursday before then if people drink to much there are no hang overs for your wedding day!?
    Posted by SarKriHei[/QUOTE]

Hmm I didn't know that you can do it 2 nights before.  Definitely an option, although I am not sure if our ceremony venue (which is  the same as our reception venue) will have everything set up 2 nights before so that we can rehears.  I will have to check!  :)
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if these places do buffet, but there's Kozlacks & The Tavern (formerly Bella)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    How many people are you thinking?

Bonfire in Blaine has the ability to do a private room, and T-Box in Ham Lake has a private room that seats about 40, I think. We had ours at Bricks in Blaine (formerly Restaurant Cru) but didn't have a private room - see pics in married bio for the feel. (It was a little loud but we had a big, loud group.)

Other ideas: Moe's in Mounds View (off old Hwy 10), Billy's in Anoka, Seasons at Bunker Hills, Canyon Grille (I think they might be closed).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards