Florida-Central Florida

Lake Mary Event Center

I'm on a tight budget and just starting to looking around for a fitting venue.
I like the Lake Mary Event Center for the fact that we can rent it for 8hrs and are not limited to just a few hrs and the ceremony area is just gorgeous... we have not actually visited any of the places I picked though.
Some of you may be surprised, but I am actualy very unfamiliar with the wedding scene LOL Have a small family in Europe and my friends here in the US are either already married long time ago or are single

here to my problems, questions and dilema:
The venue does not provide staff nor caters food. You can not decorate a day in advance.
How and/or who would take care of my decorations when I'm trying to mostly make my own and who takes care of dishes/glassware and cleaning up?!

Hope anybody has experience with this venue or any general ideas would be greatly appreciated Embarassed
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!

Re: Lake Mary Event Center

• I just got married there on SUnday and I absolutely loved it. They have a select list of caterers with various price ranges. We chose Arthurs and they provided everything and my guests RAVED about the food- it was AMAZING. They took care of the clean up as well because I rented my linens from them. I would suggest hiring a Day of Coordinator- mine was superb- At Last Weddings and Event Design. She literally took care of everything for me. The latest you can rent the building is till 11 and you will have till 12 am to clean it up. Good luck and it really is a beautiful facility.
  • kbiggs11kbiggs11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_lake-mary-event-center?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:2c78b475-42a3-4ad7-8b66-e81b6cfa5a78Post:325f81e1-9a20-48e9-bb23-c6834156c698">Re: Lake Mary Event Center</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got married there on SUnday and I absolutely loved it. They have a select list of caterers with various price ranges. We chose Arthurs and they provided everything and my guests RAVED about the food- it was AMAZING. They took care of the clean up as well because I rented my linens from them. I would suggest hiring a Day of Coordinator- mine was superb- At Last Weddings and Event Design. She literally took care of everything for me. The latest you can rent the building is till 11 and you will have till 12 am to clean it up. Good luck and it really is a beautiful facility.
    Posted by ellebelley[/QUOTE]

How was having a Sunday wedding? We are considering it but worried guests wouldn't come or leave early bc of it.
  • 147 RSVP and they all showed. The place was packed till my departure which was around 10:30 pm. We did it on a Sunday because it was Memorial day weekend and mostly everyone had the Monday off. It went great
  • It is a very nice venue. I'm a wedding photographer and we've had a few weddings there and it seems like whoever you hire to cater will take care of the set up and dishes.
    Let me know if you're looking for a wedding photographer. Shoot me an email if you're interested and we'll give you a discount.
    Good Luck!
    Cammy Lewis
    Alex Austin Photography
    alexaustinphotography@gmail.com

• thank you for your post, sorry I got back to it so late... planning is a pain LOL

Sadly LMEC did not have anything available, so we had to switch over to another venue, but it worked all out ;)

Thank you again
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards