New Hampshire

Southern NH Venue -- HELP!!!!!

Hi all-
My Fiance and I are looking to have about 150 (give or take a few) guests at our wedding. We are paying for it ourselves so we are trying to keep the prices low - I would LOVE to have a place where it shows our personalities. We decided on having a vintage theme -- olive and ivory as our colors - and I fell in love with the old rustic [barn type] buildings with the exposed beams (if they had it). We would like to keep the total cost around $20k - no higher than $25k. If anyone knows of any places in Sounthern NH, that would be great!!! We're also looking in the central mass area- I am posting in there as well.

Thank you in advance for any and all advice/ideas!!!!

Re: Southern NH Venue -- HELP!!!!!

• forgetme12forgetme12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if this is too far north, but Dover has The Rivermill. It's in an old mill building and they have economical package deals which end up being about 100/pp for pretty much everything. 

Sept 2011 Dec Siggy Challange: Fav Holiday Things image Heat misers a ginger... http://jandk2011.weebly.com/
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There aren't a lot of barn type venues. In southern NH there is Zorvino's, but that might be just out of your price range. The Londonderry Country club is that rustic feel (I had my wedding there, PM me if you would like to see pic's). Also look at Fratello's in Manchester, they have a function room that is brick and wood beams, very similar to the Rivermill in Dover.  
  • edited December 2011

I was also going to say Fratello's in Manchester, which is where we got married.  It has the rustic feel and we had our recpetion there with a budget half what yours is.  And the food is awesome!

Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    We had our wedding at Bedford Village Inn that has a very rustic decor, but it can get pricey quick.  They offer a lot of different options, so don't rule them out right away.  You can also look just south of NH in Groton, MA at The Barn at Gibbet Hill.  It's a gorgeous facility!

http://www.barnatgibbethill.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if it's something that you would be interested in but you should try Promises to Keep.  It seems very affordable there.
  • amanda489amanda489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not really sothern nh, but the Inn on Newfound Lake has a function "barn" sounds just like what you are looking for! I have visted it before while passing by and it looked really nice. I would recommend taking a look here is the link http://newfoundlake.com/functions.html
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • singing_lynsinging_lyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've never been there, but there's Curtis Farm in Wilton, NH, www.curtisfarm.com, from the pictures it looks really pretty, and it's in a small town and not well known so it might be an option. I'm having my reception at Hidden Hills in Rindge, NH, in their Courtyard, not really very rustic, but really pretty grounds, sort of a blank canvas, so they might be an option too. Their website is www.fourstarcatering.com. Also their prices are wicked cheap for buffets so you could probably do a full open bar with your budget and still be fine.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at the Granite Rose and they had such beautiful gardens.  One thing we really liked was all of the exposed wood on the inside and outside.
    Anniversary
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're at the Shattuck, (this weekend!)  Stone terrace outdoors for ceremony and on-site Cathedral Ballroom for reception--high wooden-beamed cathedral ceilings with a veranda that overlooks the golf course.  It's located in the Monadnock region, about half-way between Nashua and Keene, in Jaffrey, NH.
    www.shattuckweddings.com
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • samiam0270samiam0270 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Granite Rose in June and while the garden for the ceremony is beautiful, I wouldn't necessarily say the reception room has a vintage feel like you specified.  It's a pretty room (Embassy, not so much the Terrace), but definitely doesn't have the rustic vibe you are probably seeking.  My wedding was 150 people and a daytime event, and all in I spent under $20k so it is doable, but definitely having it during the daytime helped bring down the costs.

Oh and I wasn't a HUGE fan of the food at Granite Rose, and food was one of the more important things for me.  Guests weren't too impressed with the entrees.
  • ab615ab615 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I know this is an older post, so it very well may be too late, but...  if not, take a look at Dell-Lea country club in Chichester, NH.  That's where I'm booking and it is gorgeous.  I'm going for the same look/ feel as you with less than half your budget.  It's a converted barn with all wooded walls and pretty chandeliers (they looked like black wrought iron to me).  Gorgeous scenery with ceremony space or for pictures.  The room fee was only $1250 and includes linens, waitstaff, bartenders, set-up, clean-up, etc.  The owner, Katrina, is super nice and accomodating.  She is the caterer as well.  We're doing BBQ but she has quite a few options, all pretty affordable. 

If I had a budget like yours, I would have definitely looked at The Red Barn at Outlook Farm in South Berwick, ME.  Not exactly So. NH, but the place looks like a dream come true... I wish I was rich!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards