New York

Pet Peeves

People who biiitch and biiitch and whine and whine but refuse to do anything about it. Im friends (term used loosely) with a girl who took in a friend when he had no money and no where to go. After he got on his feet she took her key back, but apparently he had a copy made and broke into her house and stole a bunch of her sh!t. (Shes a stripper makin bank so shes got loads of nice things). He sent her all these apology emails and texts and such be apparently he felt bad (????) for hurting her the way he did. Well last night he struck again. And again apologized saying he's sorry but really needed the money (SO GET A F'N JOB!!) And she is all "Oh woe is me, Im depressed, but Im a good person so I wont call the cops cuz he's a friend" Seriously?! Then SHUT UP!

2nd-People who cut their nails in public places. Seriously skeeves me out and my coworker has been doing it for 5 min now.

Anyone else have any pet peeves theyd like to share?!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Pet Peeves

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:5a933af2-e55c-42b1-a037-fd81185ac86dPost:d05cdf96-9eba-4631-8da4-3d62d995b204">Pet Peeves</a>:
    [QUOTE]2nd-People who cut their nails in public places. Seriously skeeves me out and my coworker has been doing it for 5 min now. Anyone else have any pet peeves theyd like to share?!
    Posted by DondadaTimes2[/QUOTE]

#1.  Your stripper friend is an idiot. 

#2.  Better than toenails or nose hair.  Just sayin.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hey! I said "friend" haha. and I know. Apparently I pushed hard enough and she tore him apart on fb so all his other friends know what hes about and then she reported him.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    Ewww...I have a 63 year old co-worker and he cuts his toenails ALL the time!! Bleck.  And people who floss in public when you can see the food particles fly out of their mouths.

Oh and people who drive insanely slow when there are double yellow lines and then accelerate to 60 in the passing zone. Wow.

Sorry, Wednesdays are not good to me! :)
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:5a933af2-e55c-42b1-a037-fd81185ac86dPost:d05cdf96-9eba-4631-8da4-3d62d995b204">Pet Peeves</a>:
    [QUOTE]2nd-People who cut their nails in public places. Seriously skeeves me out and my coworker has been doing it for 5 min now. Anyone else have any pet peeves theyd like to share?!

Yes.  This is repulsive.

Also, I HATE when people pop their chewing gum or make any other kind of noise with gum.  It makes me cringe.  One time on the subway in NYC, I actually said something to a girl about it.  She was not happy.
    Anniversary
  • CD2011CD2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All of the above! Plus:

People who talk on their cell phones in restaurants and many other public places, especially when they are SUPER loud.

When people at work give me attitude and dirty looks when they first meet me, most likely because they think I'm young and don't know anything ... (usually by the end of the day they're telling me how much they love me!)

People who don't know how to RSVP to a wedding
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:5a933af2-e55c-42b1-a037-fd81185ac86dPost:7e0d55fa-8be2-415a-9038-e895b66317e4">Re: Pet Peeves</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Pet Peeves : Yes.  This is repulsive. Also, <strong>I HATE when people pop their chewing gum or make any other kind of noise with gum</strong>.  It makes me cringe.  One time on the subway in NYC, I actually said something to a girl about it.  She was not happy.
    Posted by sbolger17[/QUOTE]

I popped my gum as I read that and could help but laugh. Im that girl. Sorry :/ I dont chew my gum like a cow though! Im just a bubble popper.

• sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:5a933af2-e55c-42b1-a037-fd81185ac86dPost:4e3071ee-53f2-469c-b671-fc12e11527c8">Re: Pet Peeves</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pet Peeves : I popped my gum as I read that and could help but laugh. Im that girl. Sorry :/ I dont chew my gum like a cow though! Im just a bubble popper.

Oh man, if we have a Knottie GTG, I don't know what will happen!  :-)
    Anniversary
  • raes19raes19 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:5a933af2-e55c-42b1-a037-fd81185ac86dPost:afdc875f-0c57-4449-aeb8-46e9e627eed8">Re: Pet Peeves</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pet Peeves : Oh man, if we have a Knottie GTG, I don't know what will happen!  :-)
    Posted by sbolger17[/QUOTE]

^ Ha we will make a no gum rule. I cannot stand any squicky mouth noises people make. Slurping, gulping, chewing, breathing.... lol
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Happily9Happily9 member
    edited December 2011
    It drives me nuts when people crack body parts....knuckles not so back...but when then do that neck thing...ewww!!!
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Patient's who call all frantic and have to have their problem resolved 'THIS INSTANT' and when I call them back with an update, they never call back..where's the urgency now?

When I see the wrong use of apostrophes for plural words that shouldn't have an apostrophe. Like pizza's (not correct) pizzas (correct) for the plural of pizza.  It drives me nuts! (sorry)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:5a933af2-e55c-42b1-a037-fd81185ac86dPost:ebe52afe-a724-44d0-8e4a-7c647545028a">Re: Pet Peeves</a>:
    [QUOTE]Patient's who call all frantic and have to have their problem resolved 'THIS INSTANT' and when I call them back with an update, they never call back..where's the urgency now? <strong>When I see the wrong use of apostrophes for plural words that shouldn't have an apostrophe. Like pizza's (not correct) pizzas (correct) for the plural of pizza.  It drives me nuts! (sorry)
    </strong>Posted by rsfan23[/QUOTE]

I reeeeeally try to not be a snobby grammar policewoman, because I make mistakes also, but it drives me nuts too!  Don't get me started on there, their, and they're lol.

My pet peeve is patients who arrive too early for their appointment.  We told you 4pm for a reason, that's when we're available.  Don't show up at 3:30 and be mad when we can't take you in.

....that's probably more of a vent than a pet peeve, sorry :P
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    When my FI uses incorrect grammar. I have been correcting people who use improper grammar since I was 7 years old (this behavior was the cause of many a rift between my dad and his then-fiancée because she thought it was unacceptably rude for a child to be correcting an adult... in hindsight, I think she was right), and FI speaks with what I like to call "Riverdale slang." Riverdale is the street he grew up on and it's located in not-so-great of a neighborhood in Yonkers, and it AMAZES me to no end how this man managed to graduate from college using the improper grammar that he does. I correct him every single time (he's actually asked me to do this) and he's starting to catch & correct himself.

When people walk around playing music from their cell phones/iPods LOUDLY and for everyone to hear. One time, I was standing in line at a bank behind a girl who had-- picture this-- her cell phone (one of those phones that you can open from the side to reveal a full QWERTY keyboard, like an enV) in her hand, opened up, with Usher playing from it. Just holding it there, not talking on it or anything. When she went up to the counter, she set her phone down and continued to like the music play while she conducted her business! I mean REALLY PEOPLE! Do you NEED a soundtrack for your life?!!? So. Freaking. RUDE.
    Photobucket
  • Happily9Happily9 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:5a933af2-e55c-42b1-a037-fd81185ac86dPost:a144c191-e3c0-4a35-b2dd-b0639fd6b674">Re: Pet Peeves</a>:
    [QUOTE]When my FI uses incorrect grammar. I have been correcting people who use improper grammar since I was 7 years old (this behavior was the cause of many a rift between my dad and his then-fiancée because she thought it was unacceptably rude for a child to be correcting an adult... in hindsight, I think she was right), and FI speaks with what I like to call "Riverdale slang." Riverdale is the street he grew up on and it's located in not-so-great of a neighborhood in Yonkers, and it AMAZES me to no end how this man managed to graduate from college using the improper grammar that he does. I correct him every single time (he's actually asked me to do this) and he's starting to catch & correct himself. When people walk around playing music from their cell phones/iPods LOUDLY and for everyone to hear. One time, I was standing in line at a bank behind a girl who had-- picture this-- her cell phone (one of those phones that you can open from the side to reveal a full QWERTY keyboard, like an enV) in her hand, opened up, with Usher playing from it. Just holding it there, not talking on it or anything. When she went up to the counter, she set her phone down and continued to like the music play while she conducted her business! I mean REALLY PEOPLE! Do you NEED a soundtrack for your life?!!? So. Freaking. RUDE.
    Posted by lornarose07[/QUOTE]

Laughing while picturing this in my head!!!  Sounds just like the neighborhood I work in...see this kind of stuff everyday!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:5a933af2-e55c-42b1-a037-fd81185ac86dPost:1ed9f1f2-419d-4715-a1f2-3c8102d14be9">Re: Pet Peeves</a>:
    [QUOTE]  #2.  Better than toenails or nose hair.  Just sayin.
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

My old officemate used to pluck his nose hair while carrying on a conversation with you. No joke. I'll take fingernail clipping over that any day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards