New York-Long Island

Watermill / Other LI Venues w Chapel?

Recently, we drove past the Watermill and starting pondering inquiring. I sent an online inquiry and unfortunately they called while I was at work and I won't be able to call back until Saturday. Has anyone gotten price quotes at all for Fall / Winter 2012?

In case it's out of our budget, Does anyone know of any other Central Suffolk Locations Exit 56 to 65 North to South Shore that also have a chapel on site? We are not interested in going a church route as we were both baptised, and confirmed catholics however are nonpracticing a very close family friend who is a minister will be marrying us.

Thanks! :)

Re: Watermill / Other LI Venues w Chapel?

• edited December 2011
    Steward Manor
    Larkfield Manor
    Venetian
    Crescent Beach Club
  • dbkb2012dbkb2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for Stewart Manor! We sent in an inquiry to see if they would work around our gluten-free requirement. :)
  • dunnkatdunnkat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were quoted 89$ pp plus tax and gratuity for september-november 2011 on a Saturday night at the Water Mill. The chapel there is really pretty, they have video screens on either side of the seating area so your guests can see close up shots of the whole ceremony.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bbydoll5bbydoll5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try smithtown landing
  • edited December 2011
    Be careful with the Watermill.  They do more than one wedding at a time. I went to a wedding there in November and it was terrible.  There were 3 weddings that day and guests were walking all in between one another, brides walking through the crowd and everyone seeing them including the guests at the other wedding.  Gets a little crowded.  My friend said the planning process was a bit difficult as well.   They promised several things that they didn't get.  They ended up hiring a planner mid way through the process and she pushed to get them what they were promised. 

• edited December 2011
    I just got these from my planner:
    East Wind is a little further east but i'm getting married there, i've been to weddings there and they are EXCELLENT!

Hamlet Wind Watch
     1715 Vanderbilt Motor Parkway
     Hauppauge, NY 11788
    Telephone 631 232-9850

East Wind Caterers
     5720 Route 25A
     Wading River, NY 11792

Telephone 631 929-6585

Windows on the Lake
     235 Lake Shore Rd.
     Lake Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
    Telephone 631 737-0088

Villa Lombardi's
     877 Main St.
     Holbrook, NY 11741
    Telephone 631 731-6609

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_watermill-other-li-venues-w-chapel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:ec74f0a2-ba01-4030-9cc5-b980749728c1Post:93b7d373-ad85-4624-83d6-a320877d4ea8">Re: Watermill / Other LI Venues w Chapel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Be careful with the Watermill.  They do more than one wedding at a time. I went to a wedding there in November and it was terrible.  There were 3 weddings that day and guests were walking all in between one another, brides walking through the crowd and everyone seeing them including the guests at the other wedding.  Gets a little crowded.  My friend said the planning process was a bit difficult as well.   They promised several things that they didn't get.  They ended up hiring a planner mid way through the process and she pushed to get them what they were promised. 
    Posted by Sherrol516[/QUOTE]

I was married there.  They only do one wedding at a time, with a 30-60 minute overlap (the last  hour of the day wedding overlaps the cocktail hour at the evening wedding).  There are physically not enough rooms in the facility to have three weddings all happening at the same time.
  • kbella717kbella717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ‎***** ATTENTION ALL BRIDES: ....YOU WILL BE SORRY IF YOU BOOK OR HAVE BOOKED WITH WATERMILL!!! IM SPEAKING WITH A NEWS12 REPORTER AND NEWSDAY ABOUT THEM!!!!! I WON MY COURT CASE AGAINST THEM....NOT ONE PHONE CALL FROM WATERMILL. LEFT NUMEROUS MESSAGES AND CERTIFIED LETTERS....EVEN BBB, CONSUMER AFFAIRS, ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE AND NOT ONE RESPONSE FROM WATERMILL!! THEY DON'T CARE ...ALL THEY DO I...S MAKE PROMISES AND YES YOU TO DEATH. ...WELL ALL I GOT WAS BROKEN PROMISES AND OUT ALOT OF MONEY!! SUFFOLK COUNTY HAS A LAW PROHIBITING CATERERS TO KEEP MONEY IF AN EVENT IS CANCELLED 6MONTHS AND OUT..... I CANCELLED 14 MONTHS BEFORE - PROMISED A REFUND AND SINCE JULY 11TH NOT ON PHONE CALL OR MY MONEY. . NO ONE HAS REACHED OUT TO ME. THEY HAVE NO RESPECT WHAT SO EVER!!!! WATERMILL SUCKS!!!! THEY NOW HAVE A JUDGEMENT AGAINST THEM!!!! JUDGE COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT HE HEARD ABOUT THEM. WATERMILL SUCKS!!!!!** any event for that matter: Anniversary, Birthday, Holiday Party, business functions, communion & confirmation, graduations, sweet 16 etc...... Scotto Brothers are MILLIONAIRES!!!!! DO THE RIGHT THING AND GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards