Wedding Invitations & Paper

85 cent stamp?

My invites require an 85 cent stamp.  The only ones I can find are Birds of Prey (no way!) or National Parks theme.  I saw this on the USPS website.  Does anyone know about customized stamps?  They seem really pricey.  Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: 85 cent stamp?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_85-cent-stamp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:25f42694-095b-481e-9add-be5aff905461Post:28661b8e-b613-4fa4-aa3d-a95d2b682973">Re: 85 cent stamp?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, no one will remember what the stamp looks like. If you want to shell out the extra cash for customized stamps, you can but I think its a waste of money since the envelope will just be looked at for a few seconds and then tossed in the trash.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

I agree with this....I never keep envelopes with the invites.  I will say, though, that my rsvps are postcards and I opted not to upgrade the postage from the only design they have, Aloha shirts.  I've only received one comment about them, but it was a friend's hubby that is from the UK!  ha
    If you really want to spend more money, I've heard of ppl using Zazzle, but to me, it never made sense to spend any more on postage.

• I would put 2 one ounce stamps on them.  It would be $.90, but the white roses stamps are very pretty and they should be cheaper than custom stamps.

I agree with you - no way I'd put birds of prey on my wedding invitations!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_85-cent-stamp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:25f42694-095b-481e-9add-be5aff905461Post:b31deffe-eb2b-4323-ab34-386ca0a55272">Re: 85 cent stamp?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would put 2 one ounce stamps on them.  It would be $.90, but the white roses stamps are very pretty and they should be cheaper than custom stamps. I agree with you - no way I'd put birds of prey on my wedding invitations!
    Posted by coraleetbwed[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree.  Two 45 cent stamps would look very nice.  You could even mix and match the wedding/love stamps.  Some brides do this on purpose for a vintage postcard type feel.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Other than that, I would recommend the custom Zazzle stamps.  I got 85 cent stamps from Zazzle and I used a painting I made for my FI as the design for the stamp and if felt very personal.  A definite momento for my scrapbook/album.  Just make sure you get the smallest size because they are a larger than normal stamps and may be too big for the envelope depending on your design.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I know my Mom and many of my relatives keep the invitation and envelopes as mementos.  I think the stamp in an important detail - but don't drive yourself nuts over it.  It's worth consideration, but not to much stress.</div>
  • I used Zazzle and got lots of compliments, but it's pricey. I think my stamps were the $.95 ones.

I would also just use multiple stamps if you are looking to do it the most fiscally conservative way possible!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • My H was absolutely insane when it came to the stamps. We spent about three weeks debating which ones to buy. The customized stamps are a waste of money IMO-maybe one or two people will notice your stamps. Why not find 45 cent ones you like, and just use two of them? That way you are only spend an extra 5 cents per invite, vs more than twice that amount for customized stamps? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards