New York

Wedding Update Wednesday

What WR news do you have to report this week?

Anniversary

Re: Wedding Update Wednesday

• sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be the first to say that I have done nothing except look for rain umbrellas, go on TK, and think about day of timelines that seem impossible...
    Anniversary
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I finally blocked rooms for my OOT guests. Luckily, my venue is also an Inn, so I was able to block rooms there as well as another hotel close by.  I also have been thinking of the wording and trying to come up with invitations.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We booked our DJ. Black Tie entertainment. Booked our florist. Don's own flower shop. Met with an officiant. Father Adams.  And my dress is coming tomorrow! Its been a super productive week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happily9Happily9 member
    edited December 2011
    Also sad to say....nothing!  This weekend I plan on going to Fly creek to check out the favors and get flower girl dresses, but nothing so far this week :( 
  • edited December 2011
    Umm... does a dance lesson count?  Otherwise... that's about it I think.

Actually... retract that.  I did see invites go out for a shower that my coworkers are throwing me.  This should be interesting.  Also settled on a date for the bachelorette party and shower that my MOH is hosting.  Yay!

Finished up the BM gifts last weekend.  I really need to get a picture of them... so proud!  Tote bag, cosmetic bag, necklace with handstamped name, personalized hanger, dancin shoes.  I really hooked them up!!!  Hope they like them!

Had second fitting for my dress last week (need to go again next week probably)... 2 weeks ago, I needed to gain about 10 pounds to fit into it (and used that as an excuse to eat everything in sight)... totally did not account for alterations... you know to actually make it fit... what an idiot.  now it is waaaay tight... I laughed so hard with my bridesmaid, Christine, I thought I was going to bust a seam.

Almost all RSVPs accounted for.  Almost.

Trying to figure out who to ask for all the special parts of the ceremony (2 readers, 2-4 gift bearers)... really having a hard time with this.

Trying to set up a meeting with our priest to go over details for the day of.  Not sure what details, but apparently there are details... and paperwork.  Who knew?

Met with our photog via Skype last week.  She's the best.  She's doing a book of our engagement pics that we may use for our guest book.  Genius!

Oh and... Yeah... day of timeline... I should probably work on that.  Maaaaybe next week.

Totally NWR... but still waiting on the G-D (as in gosh darn) house.  Getting very impatient.  They keep asking for more information and it makes me nervous.   Maaaybe we'll get a final ok next week. 

Now the "1" in the front of my ticker freaks me out.  I wish it would idsappear again... just for a few days until I feel like I am caught up again.

Oh- last thing... B-pics with Emie this weekend!!!  Hot stuff!!!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Wow Monica, glad all you got done was a dance lesson! :-P

I went for another dress fitting. She still needs to cut a tab more off but it should be in my possession in 2 weeks! Woo!

Last night Josh and I decided on our food, cupcake flavors, and most of must have and must not songs for the DJ. YAY!

Thanks for startin this Sarah! I was in a whole different world today.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    edited December 2011

No problem.  Just noticed that we hadn't done our game today yet! 

You all are awesome; everyone did so much!!  Inspiration for me...If anyone else wants to share, please do!

Anniversary
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ktobin-I love fly creek! What are you using as favors?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    edited December 2011

We are hoping to do small jars of apple butter jam...that's if they will let us buy them in smaller containers.

• edited December 2011
    smclardy - Father Adams (Mr. Adams as I've known him) is a great man! I've said it before around here - but I went to school with his 4 daughters -he and his wife truly live the life he preaches, they are an amazing, close, loving family!

Monica - I ammm so psyched (and totally nervous, wish I had lost another 15 pounds) for b-pics saturday!! yayyyy!

I printed a mock-invite this past weekend, looks good, phew!

Mulling over whether chair covers/sashes truly are important at my venue or not.. if anyone wants to weigh in on the issue check out the Steamboat Landing facebook page and look at the pictures... Our linens are ivory with lavender napkins... so confused!

Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    emie- I wouldn't waste money on chair linens/covers.... think about it... can you describe the chairs at the last 3 weddings you went to?  Personally, as long as I have a place to park my butt, I don't care what it looks like.  If you have extra money in your budget... upgrade the bar... now THAT is something your guests will notice.  Otherwise... save the $$$ and skip it.
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    oh you are a wise one!
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:3481efc6-b272-46a4-823e-c0d868ca7101Post:3b4fc007-745d-4566-b28a-d17374304a96">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]emie- I wouldn't waste money on chair linens/covers.... think about it... can you describe the chairs at the last 3 weddings you went to?  Personally, as long as I have a place to park my butt, I don't care what it looks like.  If you have extra money in your budget... upgrade the bar... now THAT is something your guests will notice.  Otherwise... save the $$$ and skip it.
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

I debated on chair covers too...my chairs are red, colors are green and orange. But everyone Ive talked to has given me this advice. So Im agreeing with Monica. Save the $$, its not worth it

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    Tongue out 
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    We booked our photographers! Empire West Photo - I'm so excited to work with them. They're unbelievably talented and very reasonably priced.
  • edited December 2011
    $450 is a lot.... hopefully you can sell them after and make some of that back.
    Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    that's awesome!
    Online Garage Sale
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  Good deal, Kara. 

I'm not doing chair covers because my venue doesn't need them (actually I think they'd look funny there) and the chairs themselves are neutral (wood with white).  If the colors didn't go, I'd probably go for it.  I don't remember chairs from any of the weddings I've been to, but I probably would notice if they glaringly did not match the scheme.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    While I agree that most people won't remember exactly what the chairs look like, I think they play just as much of role in the appearance of the room as linens and place settings.

I'm trying to decide if I should splurge on Chiavari chairs or not. Leaning towards yes at this point because pictures from past events at our venue with them are so pretty.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:3481efc6-b272-46a4-823e-c0d868ca7101Post:cb21c659-6787-4598-baa8-4115df96e5b7">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in the minority on the chair covers... that is definitely something I notice, so I decided to buy chair covers.  I bought them from linentablecloth, and if you add them on facebook, they often have a 10% off coupon code. I bought 225 white chair covers that have a white sash attached, free shipping, for a total of $450. There was no way I was going to have gold and green chairs at my black white and red wedding. But, at this point, $450 is nothing compared to my overall budget, so it didn't matter to me. If we were talking renting them for $6 a cover, then that'd be different.
    Posted by libordke22[/QUOTE]

I just finished saying how much I loved chair covers in a different post!!  $6/chair is exactly why we decided to skip them (we're talking over $1,000).  However, the price you paid is making me rethink this!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    I am also in the minority and think that chair covers do make a difference.  I think that are worth the extra for the effect they create.  Thanks LIBORDKE22 for the website!  I am sure I will be checking that out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards