Michigan-Detroit

How many places did you register at?

So, how many stores did you register at?  I really want to register at Target and Crate & Barrel, but my FI really wants to register at Bed, Bath & Beyond.  Is three places too many?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How many places did you register at?

• Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not registering at all (we're older and have everything we need) but I think three places is fine.   That will give people lots of choices.  
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think 2 places is the most common but a smaller percentage of people do three. 
  • edited December 2011
    So far we just registered at BBB.

I know someone that registered at 5 places. 3 is just fine.
  • Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_many-places-did-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:90b360d5-a5b9-4dc9-ac61-971440ead19fPost:aa8f9e9e-5050-497e-bb7b-7b94d1c0412b">Re: How many places did you register at?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think 2 places is the most common but a smaller percentage of people do three. 
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]

Agree. Honestly, BBB could be your only registry if you wanted to. We started ours there and found everything. We're adding Crate & Barrel just for a few things I didn't like at BBB.

I'd also check out the registry board. I've noticed several people have issues with Target registries, so you might want to take that into consideration.

Have fun!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We've registered at Target and BBB - like PPs have said, Target isn't the great experience but there are particular items we want so that's why we registered there and so far we haven't had much of a hassle and we've already received some gifts. BBB has almost everything, so that's pretty legit but I still think 3 is fine. [:
  • edited December 2011
    3 is fine.  We are registered at BBB, Kohls and Sears.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We did three, but kept each store with a theme. Macys was all our appliances/cookware, Crate was our glassware/dishes, BBB was all the random house stuff.
  • danigirl0719danigirl0719 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    3 is fine! People like the opportunity to look at more than one place for items to buy for you! I registered at BBB, Crate and Barrel, and Target. I am glad we didnt compromise one of those stores because there is different stuff that we want from each place. So far so good! 
  • allikat33allikat33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to everyone!  I feel much better now that I don't have to make another hard decision!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lowreyemlowreyem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are several websites, including Amazon, where you can combine everything you want from different retailers on one list.  You probably still want at least one in-store registry for non-tech savy guests.  It puts everything in one place, making it easier for people to find.
  • larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_many-places-did-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:90b360d5-a5b9-4dc9-ac61-971440ead19fPost:ba147a01-d121-4a09-acb7-613800061511">Re: How many places did you register at?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How many places did you register at? : Agree. Honestly, BBB could be your only registry if you wanted to. <strong>We started ours there and found everything. We're adding Crate & Barrel just for a few things I didn't like at BBB</strong>. I'd also check out the registry board. I've noticed several people have issues with Target registries, so you might want to take that into consideration. Have fun!
    Posted by Meegles4[/QUOTE]

We did this exactly.  and I've heard of a lot of issues w/ Target...
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did BBB & Target.  There were a few issues with Target and things not being scanned off the registry so I got a few duplicates.  But I didn't have any issues returning anything.  DH liked Target's scanning gun a lot better than BBB and had a lot of fun with it :)  So I know DH liked Target the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards