Wedding Etiquette Forum

Is it too early for an evening thread?

Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?

• rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    I just remembered I have a blizzard in the freezer at home.  Only one more hour.

I like frozen yogurt and worked at (my favorite) place for a few months before I found my current job.  But I don't want to go there anymore because of the way I left.  It was techinically 2 weeks notice, but I already wasn't working like 11 of those 14 days.  So it was more like "I quit".   I'm just a chicken and I doubt there would be any issue.  But the place is also downtown and not close to where I live, so there is that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You need a day off at least once or twice a week.  Today's my off day for sure. I don't feel too bad though because I've been really good about hitting the gym these past 2 weeks. We even went yesterday after a day of walking around at the zoo in super hot/humid weather. We figured we were already sweaty and stinky anyway. lol
    imageAnniversary
  • ya I think next week instead of buying ice cream, I am going to buy watermelon and cut that up.
  • Good evening ladies and gents.

DH and I are the strangest couple when it comes to eating.  Only about half the time to we eat the same meal.  For example right now DH is making himself curry-Thai shrimp and me seared tuna with a lemon-dill sauce.    We are both having jasmine rice.    I hate curry and I really don't eat shrimp often.   He was craving it, so that is what he is eating.

This happens all the time with us.  I will have a steak (he doesn't eat steak often) while he eats something completely different.  Meal planning would never work for us.  We have completely different tastes in food.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:4d1345bd-a868-47ff-9413-83807eaae892">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ya I think next week instead of buying ice cream, I am going to buy watermelon and cut that up.
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]

<div>I could eat my weight in watermelon!!! It's way better than any food ever. I'll probably get one when I go to the grocery in a bit and eat half tonight. </div>
  • Aryn, are they both boys? Two infants can definitely be exhausting, but also kinda fun, if they're generally happy babies. I burnt the popcorn. Whoops. Thank goodness there was another bag in the pantry or I'd probably have an unhappy little lady on my hands.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • They are both boys. They are also generally happy babies so I think after the adjustment period things will be smooth sailing. 

3 year olds are funny little things. I love hearing what comes out of their mouths. 
  • My dogs were running around the couch and ended up head butting/kicking me, not impressed. They go through spurts of insane hyperness - that was 5 minutes ago & now they are passed out on the couch beside me. 

I am waiting for FI to get home with dinner. 

I called my parents and asked them to start getting addresses for their guest list (120 people - how do they even know that many people they HAVE to HAVE at the wedding, FI & I are having a combination of 80 together, we may go with more). I asked them to send me their guest list over 2 months ago & still havent received it (although they have finally put it together, but it could very much grow - thankfully our venue holds up to 300). I figured that it would be best to give them as much notice as possible since we wont be sending out the save the dates till September/October. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Did I ever mention that FI is scared of ketchup?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    My mom doesn't like watermelon. She's wierd.

Lynda - that will probalby happen with H and I fairly often. I don't eat seafood and he loves it. I have several seafood recipes that can be easily substituted with chicken, so I'll probably do the whole half/half thing.
  • lynda 98% of the time, we are the same.  H will make pork chops, I have cereal.  I make mac n cheese, H makes lemon chicken.

• Scared of ketchup?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:94eae197-fa80-43cb-aecc-4e8930c98e05">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My dogs were running around the couch and ended up head butting/kicking me, not impressed. They go through spurts of insane hyperness - that was 5 minutes ago & now they are passed out on the couch beside me.
    Posted by DileniN[/QUOTE]

The ZOOMIES !! Chef gets them every now and then.  It's so funny.

It's funny your FI is scared of ketchup.  My Dh is scared of cotton.  Yet he loves cotton candy.  Weirdo

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:ab236caa-0a66-4b10-bbac-60994b13430a">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]lynda 98% of the time, we are the same.  H will make pork chops, I have cereal.  I make mac n cheese, H makes lemon chicken.
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]

Oh good we are not alone.

I grew up in a family where there was one meal for dinner.  Unless you went out. 

DH and I often order takeout at 2 different places.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:a4748972-5e26-46e0-a761-f39f8b1c583b">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for an evening thread? : The ZOOMIES !! Chef gets them every now and then.  It's so funny. It's funny your FI is scared of ketchup.  My Dh is scared of cotton.  Yet he loves cotton candy.  Weirdo
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]
    It usually is hilarious lol, it looks like they are possessed. I dont understand how one second they are INSANE & the next they are passed out cold.<div>
    </div><div>Haha i know, I love ketchup so i think its absurd. I'll give him credit though he is getting a bit better (he can be in the same room as ketchup & lets me have a bottle in the fridge)</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I LOVE COTTON CANDY!!
  • I would love to see Chef get the zoomies (perfect name for them btw). 
  • Hi!  I'm in Baltimore.  Checked into my hotel and stuff.  Probably going to head downstairs to the restaurant in a bit to get dinner.  My co-worker who will have the vehicle rented will not get in until probably 9 or 9:30 so I'll need to eat earlier than that and I'm a little hungry.

What else is new here?  I'm 90% sure I got an aisle seat for my return flight and that makes me SO happy.  I was stuck in a window seat today.  No room.
  • Ya...we used to do dinner together...then we just fell into this pattern.  I have a feeling if we had children it might be different...but for now it works.
  • I love window seats! I like that on long flights there's something to lean my head on. 

So I'm trying to decide if I want to run to the grocery while my laundry is drying so I'll be done with all chores when the dryer is finished or go afterwards because I'm enjoying my pool time. Decisions decisions. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:efb2695a-a167-458a-bd4b-a3c05c6e0485">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would love to see Chef get the zoomies (perfect name for them btw). 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

It's really funny.  The apartment becomes an obstacle course.  Around the table,  up over the otteman, into the bedroom, under the bed, then back around.  His head is looks like it's pulled back.  

Then BOOM.  Passed completely out, snoring.

• Pool time > Grocery Shopping - JMO

I am also a fan of the window seat - I hate not having anywhere to lean my head if I get tired. Although I never can sleep on the plane. 
  • Aryn - I'd go to the grocery store and get everything done, then you can just enjoy the rest of your night =)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I concur Poke! But I"m exhausted so I'm probably about to head to the store so I'll be done with everything early. I can't wait til I have internet in my apartment. I get so bored at night watching the same movies over and over. 
  • Ya, I'm another window seat fan. I usually make H take the middle when we fly together.
  • I hate having to fly places. Going through security and all that is so tedious and then I get really bored on the plane. I think the longest flight I've been on was 4 hours and even that was too long, so I can't imagine I'd enjoy international travel.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • 8 hours is not a fun plane ride Angel. 

I can't wait until I can take that flight with H for a change. It sucks flying all that way by yourself.
  • I flew so much last year that I have times where I miss the airport. That has got to be the weirdest feeling when I miss the airport. 

Okay, I'm out for the night. You ladies have a nice evening! Don't talk about anything too juicy without me! 
  • Wish I had a pool to get into in the evenings.  Someday hopefully...

My cat still occasionally gets the zoomies though at at least 18 years old, they're not far or terribly fast.  :) 
  • I love flying (before I get on the flight), once i'm on the plane I would love for it to be over.

The longest flight I've been on was almost 24 hours, I think we had a small stop inbetween but i cant remember, it was not fun. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards