Oregon

stumped on the rehearsal dinner

My FI and I are having the hardest time trying to find either A) somewhere to have the rehearsal dinner or B) a place that caters but keeping the price around $10/person. We wanted to do something casual like a BBQ at a park but we can't find a caterer within our budget and I haven't found any place that can hold up to 30-40 people that is within our budget as well. We would like to find something on the east side maybe around Gresham. Could any of you provide any suggestions? I'm at a loss...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: stumped on the rehearsal dinner

• eospassioneospassion member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmmn, have you considered Powell Butte? It's been forever since I've been there, but I remember it being very spacious and it has a beautiful view! To make it easy you could do an early dinner, like 4ish? I believe parks close around 6 most of the time
    ~All the love you put out will return to you~
  • lt1278lt1278 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were thinking about doing ours at a McMenamins; Kennedy School or Edgefield...
  • edited December 2011
    Have you checked prices for  Buster's Barbecue or Outlaw Barbecue?
    Both are located in Gresham and I know they cater.
    As far as a park goes, Red Sunset park has a covered area that my family used to rent for family reunions.  It was nice enough. 
    You could also check out Main City Park at the end of Main St in Gresham.
    Or even Blue Lake Park or Oxbow.
  • edited December 2011
    I know the Old Spaghetti Factory in Clackamas isn't that close to Gresham, but it is about $10 p/p including a salad, entree, and soda. We had our RD at the Old Spaghetti Factory downtown and it worked out really well.

Good luck!
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Bomber in Milwaukie does great catering.  I'm not sure what prices are like now but we had a huge buffet that was $10 pp 8 years ago.

Where in Gresham are you looking?  I know Troutdale/Fairview a lot better than Gresham.  Definitely call Edgefield - when i looked into a party at Kennedy School and Cornelius Pass Roadhouse their minimum was $400 for a room the size you need - which is right in your budget.

Also, you might contact Carlino's if you don't mind pizza and/or pasta.  Not sure if they cater or not, but they are soooo good.

• edited December 2011
    I also looked into the OSF. They told me that they cannot guarantee a specific location. Did you get the location in the restaurant that you wanted? We have about 40 people for our rehearsal dinner and they said that regardless of what time we choose, they cannot guarantee a specific location.
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lfire, they have a banquet room you should be able to reserve.  We've done lots of sports banquets there and never had a problem getting that room.
  • amnevillsamnevills member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to do something truly casual why don;t you literally have a BBQ in the park? Without the caterers. Just do it yourselves! Get your bridal party in on it and get them help you with the shopping and the cooking. It would be less expensive and great way for your Rehearsal Party to get together.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards