Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Photographer for less than $3K in Boston?

Hi all - I'm searching for a photojournalist-style photographer in the Boston area for less than $3K... any recommendations?  Thank you!!  Happy New Year!

Re: Photographer for less than $3K in Boston?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going with John LoConte - We paid about $1500 when all is said and done. He's amazing: www.johnlophoto.com
  • Options
    MrkyrainMrkyrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bob Perachio-Elegant Bliss Photography

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Scott Metzger for our wedding, and his packages start at $2500 for Saturdays during peak season (May 1 - Nov 1).  If you're having a non-Saturday wedding and/or getting married in off-peak time, he offers 15% discounts.  You should definitely check him out.  Here's his website, and you can see the slideshow he made for us (link in siggy) or the proof of our album (under Vendor Reviews).

Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011

2nd for John LoConte www.johnlophoto.com we recently updated our package with him and are paying a little over $2300 with albums and full day coverage... his prices are awesome and he is a ball to work with... hth!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My MOH's sister is in the New England School of Photography and is shooting our wedding.  You can request information from students at the school and they are much cheaper than most photographers (and very good!).  You can use this link to find a photographer from the school:
    http://www.nesop.com/Resources/Find.asp

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our package is around $2500 and we are using Adriano Batti.

www.photographyboston.com
    Marieke & Michael 5.14.10 Loving life with our 2 boys Anthony (3.22.08) and Dominic (due 2.14.11)!!!
  • Options
    jillianlynnjillianlynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure his exact price, but we are hiring Erik Patton. He is working out a deal to do our wedding in exchange for design work from my sis! He is just starting out, so he needs more wedding work.

http://www.photoshelter.com/c/erikpatton

Super nice guy! Great work too. We are on his engagement/couples section on his site.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are using melissa nicastro i love her! www.melissanicastrophotography.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We ultimatley chose Kevin Jacobus and were extremely happy with that decision.  www.kevinjacobusphoto.com

We also looked at:
    Scott Metzger
    Keith Berry
    M2 Studios
    Kennaley Photography
    Dan Nystedt
    Dorie Lynn
    They were all very impressive, we just clicked best with Kevin.

The other photographer I would have loved to have met with, but didn't have our date available, was Agnieska of A Brilliant Photo.  Her work is awesome.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Scott Zuehlke and paying just under $3,000.  That doesn't include an album though.  I love his work!
  • Options
    dah424dah424 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2nd for Keith Berry - he has been great to work with!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of using Mark Detoma at Real Life Arts. His prices are great, his work is amazing and he has been very responsive so far. I think it's looking like about $2k to $2,500.

www.reallifearts.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Jim Abrams in Franklin. He charges 2,100 and you have him for as long as you want! Engagement shoot is included in the package among other things. He is a very nice guy.
  • Options
    metrobabemetrobabe member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Definitely Berryphotos!  He did our wedding and is doing by bf's in a few months.  They're great to work with and very quick in everything from getting the pictures done to even getting the album done.  They couldn't have been nicer or easier to work with and our pictures are gorgeous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heather Parker has lower off-season prices but she is one of the more boutique photographers so her prices are much higher for the summer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards