Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Trying to be reasonable... need ideas

So my fiance and i are planning a carnival wedding we found a cater that has a ton of great ideas , hot dog and hamburger bar  pizza bar and potato pancakes. Thought it was great that they offered veggie burgers and figure the pizza would be good for the vegetraians/vegan guests. Now my brother has informed me that he is stirctly vegan and cant eat any of the food i have picked out and that i must have a compelty vegan wedding or i wont be accomidating to peoples needs. Am i being unreasonable , he is the only person who foloows a strict vegan diet. I am offering the veggie  burgers and tofu dogs for the bar and am getting  vegan cheese for the pizza bar as well as many veggie based  apps. . If anyone has any ideas for food that would work with the carnival wedding theme please elt me know .

Re: Trying to be reasonable... need ideas

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_trying-to-be-reasonable-need-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:4bf7741c-da16-4fa2-9a3c-8f02288ae77ePost:dcdec81a-5c83-43a9-9522-e9e543d5867a">Trying to be reasonable... need ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my fiance and i are planning a carnival wedding we found a cater that has a ton of great ideas , hot dog and hamburger bar  pizza bar and potato pancakes. Thought it was great that they offered veggie burgers and figure the pizza would be good for the vegetraians/vegan guests. Now my brother has informed me that he is stirctly vegan and cant eat any of the food i have picked out and that i must have a compelty vegan wedding or i wont be accomidating to peoples needs. Am i being unreasonable , he is the only person who foloows a strict vegan diet. I am offering the veggie  burgers and tofu dogs for the bar and am getting  vegan cheese for the pizza bar as well as many veggie based  apps. . If anyone has any ideas for food that would work with the carnival wedding theme please elt me know .
    Posted by CSK4[/QUOTE]

Yes he is being unreasonable.  See if your caterer can make a veggie burger without using egg as a binder.  Otherwise, your brother should do what he is going to have to do for any wedding he is ever invited to and won't eat the vegetarian offering: eat beforehand.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • As long as one of your options out of the hot dogs, burger, and pizza are 100% vegan (not all veggie burgers are, some soy cheese is not actually vegan), you are being accomodating.  If he doesn't trust the ingredients, maybe you could talk to your caterer about picking up 1 box of Boca burgers--or some kind of frozen vegan burger--for your brother.  I don't think you need to do this for any guest, but since he's your brother, I would do a little extra to make him happy.
  • He's being unreasonable. Since vegan is not the norm, your whole wedding should not cater to his needs. I would try to have some vegan food for him, but not everything has to be vegan! As suggested above, maybe the caterer could bring a small amount of vegan food just for him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • He should be able to put together a meal based on what you are serving. Talk to the caterer so you can inform your brother of what he can eat.

For the pizza, daiya is a good vegan "cheese" that will actually melt and taste decent.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_trying-to-be-reasonable-need-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:4bf7741c-da16-4fa2-9a3c-8f02288ae77ePost:b3b2dd19-395e-4696-a5ce-34630d7bb509">Re: Trying to be reasonable... need ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Trying to be reasonable... need ideas : Yes he is being unreasonable.  See if your caterer can make a veggie burger without using egg as a binder.  Otherwise, your brother should do what he is going to have to do for any wedding he is ever invited to and won't eat the vegetarian offering: eat beforehand.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]

This
  • CSK4CSK4 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks for the responses. Im glad to see im not alone in my feelings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards