• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

Am I over reacting?

Hubby and I got married on oct 15, my brother and one of his friends did our photography for us which was really nice of them. The issue is we still don't have our photos over three months later. It's not like this was my brothers first wedding and he does pretty good work. (it has also never taken him this long) i have asked him a few times when he thinks the pics will be done. No answer. Tried telling him I wanted to give our parents an album for Xmas, he told me I had better come up with a different gift. I'm frustrated. He sends me a picture text the other night of a pic of my husband with his groomsmen, I knew my brother didn't take that picture bc he was with us. So I asked him when did he get that shot, he told me he just got the pics what was now two nights ago from his friend, are you serious? Come to find out today, the guy only got about 200 photos 2/3 of which are unusable. So what have I been waiting all this time for? I didn't go hire a photographer bc he said he could do it for us. When he and his wife got married in 2009 they waited over a year to buy their photos, they think bc they chose to wait that long, we should have to wait as well. I have even asked for the photos my brother took and to get the ones from him friend later and he told me no. Am I overreacting? It's not like he is a professional that has weddings every weekend. He has had one wedding since then and they had their photos within a week and a half, I'm just wondering what everyone else thinks, thanks ladies.
Anniversary

Re: Am I over reacting?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_am-over-reacting-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:2937509c-3ed8-4971-aea0-e666c6ecf2e4Post:159c9a4c-9753-4495-b7f4-a938bfce01a1">Am I over reacting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hubby and I got married on oct 15, my brother and one of his friends did our photography for us which was really nice of them. The issue is we still don't have our photos over three months later. It's not like this was my brothers first wedding and he does pretty good work. (it has also never taken him this long) i have asked him a few times when he thinks the pics will be done. No answer. Tried telling him I wanted to give our parents an album for Xmas, he told me I had better come up with a different gift. I'm frustrated. He sends me a picture text the other night of a pic of my husband with his groomsmen, I knew my brother didn't take that picture bc he was with us. So I asked him when did he get that shot, he told me he just got the pics what was now two nights ago from his friend, are you serious? Come to find out today, the guy only got about 200 photos 2/3 of which are unusable. So what have I been waiting all this time for? I didn't go hire a photographer bc he said he could do it for us. When he and his wife got married in 2009 they waited over a year to buy their photos, they think bc they chose to wait that long, we should have to wait as well. I have even asked for the photos my brother took and to get the ones from him friend later and he told me no. Am I overreacting? It's not like he is a professional that has weddings every weekend. <strong>He has had one wedding since then and they had their photos within a week and a half</strong>, I'm just wondering what everyone else thinks, thanks ladies.
    Posted by lynxbbgirl[/QUOTE]

That last part makes me think you're not overreacting and that this sucks. The only reasonable thing I can think of that your brother wouldn't give you the pics yet is that he wants to do a *REALLY* good job on them since you're related. But still, if he can get another couple's pics done in a week and a half, he can get yours done in a couple months.

Have you talked to him in person about it? If not, you should confront him face to face just you and him and ask what's going on. Don't let him run away without an explanation.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_am-over-reacting-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:2937509c-3ed8-4971-aea0-e666c6ecf2e4Post:e8857468-e49d-49fd-8c5b-921518290492">Re: Am I over reacting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Am I over reacting? : That last part makes me think you're not overreacting and that this sucks. The only reasonable thing I can think of that your brother wouldn't give you the pics yet is that he wants to do a *REALLY* good job on them since you're related. But still, if he can get another couple's pics done in a week and a half, he can get yours done in a couple months. Have you talked to him in person about it? If not, you should confront him face to face just you and him and ask what's going on. Don't let him run away without an explanation.
    Posted by deeegoalie[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with all of this.
  • Although we had a professional photographer, my cousin took photos for us too, as a gift (she also does photography professionally).  We just got them over the weekend.  And....it was WELL worth the wait. 

I'm hoping it's the same for you.  Looking forward to seeing some when you do finally get them.  : )
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We finally got them and quite honestly werent overly impressed. They wanted the experience bc they both want to go professional. His friend is interning somewhere now.... We have a few good photos but ehhh.... Oh, and no first kiss photo. I'm so glad we have a video of everything....
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards