Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Sephora MUA

Is anyone having their day of make up done by a Sephora MUA? I saw recently that for a 50 dollar purchase they do special occasion make up at no extra cost, and wondered if anyone has done or is doing this? If so are you/did you do a trial too? I've been debating between DIY and having it done and Sephora is literally a block from where I'm getting ready, plus I shop there so often that a 50 purchase is good for me. Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sephora MUA

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2010
    I haven't done it but it is suggested alot both here and on my local board.  My only concern is your not liking what they do on your wedding day. Doing a trial with them beforehand really isn't a cost effective option and I always advise a makeup trial before the wedding day.

I have seen some girls use them for a special occasion before the wedding--nice dinner, E-party or pics, etc., that way you at least get sort of a trial run beforehand.  So if this is a possibility, I would recommend it. 
  • I got my make-up done there for my e-pics and it was awful. I had to wash it off and redo it in a restaurant bathroom! If you do it, do a trial first and make sure you can get the same girl on your wedding day. Also, look at the MUA's make-up. If she looks like a psycho clown, you will too. 
  • From discussion at my Sephora here, if its just a trial they will do it for no cost.  I went in and had two trials to get an idea of different looks - I bought some product,but it was optional.

Apparently, if it's just a tutorial or trial, it's free, but if it is for an event then it costs $50.  There really wan't a difference in experience for me so I'm not sure why they classify it as different.  It might be worth asking since I am sure the experience can vary depending on make-up artist.

Hope this helps.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_sephora-mua?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:4197b5b0-5603-4be4-9a02-2a7bd5c1f161Post:84c0103e-0f8b-4a3b-8842-67ec152b0416">Re: Sephora MUA</a>:
    [QUOTE]From discussion at my Sephora here, if its just a trial they will do it for no cost.  I went in and had two trials to get an idea of different looks - I bought some product,but it was optional. Apparently, if it's just a tutorial or trial, it's free, but if it is for an event then it costs $50.  Posted by simply.me[/QUOTE]

Oh this is great info, thanks!
  • Thanks for the help ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am a makeup artist and I do offer airbrushing

I travel to your event

check out my website www.wix.com/korlishyatt/korlishyatt

give me a call 216-773-1637  or an email korlishyatt@hotmail.com

thanks

korlis

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards