African American Weddings
Options

Am I weird?

Ok, so I used to be a size 22. Now I'm a 12. FI says he doesn't care and won't answer any questions I ask regarding what size he prefers me to be. I'm just scared that he really doesn't want me to lose anymore. And actually, his mom has alluded to the fact that I won't be able to birth our children properly since I'm not big enough. What?! I just want to be healthy. I don't particularly want to be a size 4, but dang. I don't want my FILs thinking I am just anorexic. Especially not if I'm still a 12.
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Am I weird?

• Options
    Be the size that you are comfortable with. What you FMIL said is not true. As long as you are healthy you will be able to birth children. If you like the size that you are and your FI is not complaining, all is good. Good luck :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    No you aren't wierd. CONGRATS for wanting to be healthy! There is nothing wrong with that. I just started working out continuously and when my trainer showed me my body fat percentage I almost passed out!  Some of the smallest people aren't healthy either (I'm 5'1 and my body fat % was 39.5 when I started, it has come down to 32% now). So keep doing what you are doing and I'm sure your body won't let you get any smaller than it wants to. LOL :) Either way, he loves you just the same.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    Definitely not weird.  Whatever size that you are comfortable with is the size you should be. No one else has to walk in your shoes but you and you should be as comfortable in them as you want to be.

He will love you regardless of what size you are.

I would totally ignore the birthing comment, that's just ridiculous.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I guess I was worried because "we" tend to be on the larger side and I don't want to deprive my future hubby of the large woman his mom thinks he deserves.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on losing the weight!!!

There are online charts that you can enter your age and height and it will give you the recommended weight range you should be. I'm surprised your FMIL made such a comment because doctors will tell you that if you are too heavy they consider your pregnancy a high risk.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    jonekajoneka member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Congrats on losing the weight!! Ur fmil is ol school..you know "we" think if someone not eating chitlerlings and yams..something wrong..tuh...u stay healthy so u can be around for ur husband and kids minus the diabetes..heart disease..cholestorol...and im sure ur fi loves u regardless and prefers u to be alive so yall can love each other..ur a sista..u aiight...u still got a donk!!lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Congrats on losing weight! You are def not weird in fact i always have heard the opposite..that sometimes if women are too heavy you also have a tough time concieving.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_am-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d368edb5-da07-4836-b05b-1eb8a2b240c7Post:98f89e51-8c47-4036-ae4e-6d9859ec1c0b">Re: Am I weird?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on losing weight! You are def not weird in fact i always have heard the opposite..that sometimes if women are too heavy you also have a tough time concieving.
    Posted by EBONYROBERT[/QUOTE]

This is true! I know someone that was trying for awhile. She already had 2 and after the 2nd the weight stayed on. She was trying for #3 and then gave up. Once she got in the gym and was losing that weight, surprise! Here she came!
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards