Outdoor Weddings
Options

table questions?

I am getting ready to meet with the woman who is setting up my tent, chairs, tables, linens, etc.  I'm wondering what you all would prefer because I'm completely undecided (once I see pictures it might help).  My first choice was round tables seat 8-10 because i liked the look.  She suggested two 6 ft. square tables connected would seat 12 and be easier to arrange in a tent than round tables, and also would cut back on my linens cost! Which do you think would be prettier?  I know it's personal preference, but other women's ideas who are going through this also would be great!!! lol thanks!!!

Re: table questions?

• Options
    Both can look very nice.  It is personal preference.  If you're on a budget, I would suggest sticking to the connected tables.  This can also lower the number of centerpieces you want and the saved costs could go towards anything you want.

Do you have to use their linen company?  If not, you should be able to shop around and might be able to find the same thing for a lower rate.  It may also be cheaper for you to maybe buy the linen and then you can always sell it on ebay, as with anything like the centerpieces, to make money back.

Whatever you decide to do, both can look great with the right accent.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I personally think a mix of round and rectangular looks really awesome (unforunately our venue only has rectangular tables, but we're working with it).  If you have to choose between one or the other, I think PP's suggestions are very practical and can help you save money.  Rectangular tables are easier to fit.  It mostly just comes down to personal preference.  After all, it's your wedding.  We won't be there.  Go with whatever will make you and your FI happy.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    I prefer round.  Not only do I like the look best, but I think it makes it easier for people to have conversations with each other.  I also think scattered rounds can make it easier for people to see the big events like cake cutting, first dance, etc.

Its up to you - I agree with PPs that you should do what you and your fiance like best!
  • Options
    thanks.....i think i've just been getting overwelmed with what to start with first as far as planning, i feel so behind! And when she asked which i'd prefer, I hadn't thought about it because I always thought round and she kind of tried to talk me out of it. So I think i'm going to stick with my original vision!  And no, I don't have to use their linens, and thanks for bringing that up because I didn't realize they aren't that expensive to buy and i can resell them! instead of wasted money in renting them!  thanks again!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_table-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:b2254b67-753a-47aa-9ec1-cb2e51152080Post:9cdec12b-21bf-4743-bc33-983e330e17c7">Re: table questions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks.....i think i've just been getting overwelmed with what to start with first as far as planning, i feel so behind! And when she asked which i'd prefer, I hadn't thought about it because I always thought round and she kind of tried to talk me out of it. So I think i'm going to stick with my original vision!  And no, I don't have to use their linens, and thanks for bringing that up because I didn't realize they aren't that expensive to buy and i can resell them! instead of wasted money in renting them!  thanks again!
    Posted by justinnmandy[/QUOTE]

If you are feeling overwhelmed, ask her what works best for the look and feel you want to achieve.  Go with her recommendations.  Relax and enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards