Snarky Brides
Options

Not Invite the Grandparents

2»

Re: Not Invite the Grandparents

• Options
    I am going to go against the grain here and say that if you really don't like them don't invite them. But if you want to keep them in your lives invite them and bite the bullet. My step grandma has gone out of her way to make sure that I know I am a second class citizen in her familiy and so I wasn't going to invite her. The only reason she gets an invite is that my mom said she would pay for her. Really I think you should base this all on what sort of relationship you want with her in the future. This will definitely be making a point but is the point that  you want them out of the important things in your life? I think that is the real question here.
  • Options
    Or maybe instead of flipping out when they make a comment and telling them they are to be "considered uninvited" and calling them bastards, maybe you should be an adult and talk to them.

I
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Ummm I have to say it's OP's decision. If you don't want them there and think there will be terrbile tension and they'll be complaining the entire time, then don't invite them. Just remember that this will probably ruin any future of being close to them again. I feel as though you snarkies should be more understanding of OP's perdicament.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards