Ohio-Cleveland

I need a cake!

so my cake lady lost her studio last week in the flooding here in akron, so she can no longer make the cake for my sept 10th wedding.

So does anyone know of a cake decorator that can do a real buttercream cake with filling for $2.50 pp in the akron or hudson area?

Please help! I dont know what i am going to do! Our caterer referred us to acme market, yuck. I am trying not to cry right now.

Re: I need a cake!

• edited December 2011
    oh no i am sorry to hear about that :( i must admit that i chuckled a bit at your comment about acme market, because i would have had the same reply! I am going to start looking around for you since your date is so close and see what i can find !!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    oh before i forget, are cupcakes an option? main street cupcakes is in hudson and their cupcakes are sold at $28 a dozen. take a look at their website. it might be worth it for a last minute substitution.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're using CMYKakes. I know it's a little above your budget and she doesn't have any examples of her buttercream cakes, but she does beautiful work. You can see some of the detail on her cupcake pics.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicVacation
  • KellyS01KellyS01 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally understand your reaction to Acme, but honestly, they do have really good cake!  I would definitely try it - the worst case scenario is that you don't go with them but get to eat some free cake when tasting :)  I initially had the same reaction as you, but we ended up booking with Acme because of price and we really did think they had good flavor.  Their cakes also include a filling if you want.  If you decide to try there, the cake shop is only at the Acme in Coventry.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Cakes by Christina in Kent.

http://www.cakesbychristina.net
  • edited December 2011
    try cakes by maria and joe.  They are near eastlake, but if you ask they could probably just charge for a little further transporation.  Beautiful and in your price range. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • brianangelobrianangelo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SO sorry to hear about this misfortune, it's the kind of thing we all have bad dreams about. 

The shop I deliver for works in the Akron area pretty regularly.  I'm pretty sure that price range is a little bit below what the Boutique charges, but I have to recommend that you consider a faux cake. At this late date it would be challenging for most bakeries to get you into the schedule; a faux cake can be made in advance and thus only the sheet cakes and real layer need to be made near the wedding date.  Call The Cake Boutique and at least give them a shot.  I'll make sure to deliver your cake safe and sound!

Good luck!

Brian The "Cake Delivery Boy" The Cake Boutique, Warren, Ohio http://www.cakeboutiqueshop.com
  • magrose05magrose05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Ghent Bakery or Pollatos in Cuyahoga Falls.  Both are great and are in that price range!
  • edited December 2011
    I would check Leaches in Barberton they make the best cakes! I don't know about pricing but they are seriously delicious!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Megaphone2752Megaphone2752 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Cakes by Christina in Kent. She was affordable and the cake was fantastic!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I know it is not in Akron but it is worth the little 25-30min drive. Fanciful cakes in parma, ohio is great and budget friendly. Youll have to look her up on facebook. Its under fanciful cakes. She is making my nieces birthday cake!!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Try checkerboard cheesecake in Alliance or Litty's in New Philia!
  • kendersonkenderson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree...Cakes by Christina.  She's AMAZING!!!  The cake kicks butt and the price is perfect!
    Tigers love pepper...they hate cinnamon Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards