Missouri-St Louis

Outdoor Wedding/Reception Venues Help!

My fiance and I are getting married in October 2012 and are searching for someplace to get married outdoors. We live in Franklin County on the edge of St. Louis County, but would like to stay as close to home as possible. We both have huge families and are hoping to keep the guests to about 300, yet don't have a huge budget. Does anyone know of a venue that could fit our needs?

Re: Outdoor Wedding/Reception Venues Help!

• cgeithmancgeithman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would start with some of the wineries. Wine Country Gardens, Stone Hill, Chaumette, Chandler Hill are some good ones to start with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sruyle88sruyle88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked into many of them and they were over our budget or could not accommodate enough guests.
  • eck036eck036 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at the Franklin Room in Soulard. I think it can accommodate that many. It is really reasonable, and Michelle is so nice to work with.

ETA: Oops didn't see that you wanted outdoor.  I am having an outdoor ceremony and then reception at FR.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about Quail Ridge Lodge in Wentzville? It's pretty reasonable, and that park is so pretty in the fall. Genesis Catering does the catering there and several other sites and they are quite reasonable...about $30 a person and up.

Do you mind if I ask your budget? I always thought WCG in particular was pretty average.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sruyle88sruyle88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had not looked at WCG but had looked at the other wineries. WCG is really reasonable. I just researched that last night and we are going to inquire more about it today. Thanks so much for that recommendation!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_outdoor-weddingreception-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:87Discussion:260bbe8e-e1a8-4e98-9a18-7178bd8db73bPost:c4b6575e-692a-42e0-9175-bd4b6984d3cd">Re: Outdoor Wedding/Reception Venues Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How about Quail Ridge Lodge in Wentzville? It's pretty reasonable, and that park is so pretty in the fall. Genesis Catering does the catering there and several other sites and they are quite reasonable...about $30 a person and up. Do you mind if I ask your budget? I always thought WCG in particular was pretty average.
    Posted by cgeithman[/QUOTE]

Our reception is at Quail Ridge in September 2012.  It's a beautiful venue and very affordable but I would urge you to check it out ASAP.  They fill up far in advance.  Also, the max occupancy is around 180 so unless you could scale the guest list back a lot it probably won't work for you.  But if you are flexible on number of guests definitely check it out!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.winecountrygardens.net/

This winery does not have a facility fee. Their only requirement for a Saturday event is that you have over 200 guests (probably to boost the cost) attending.. so that won't be a problem for you.

I haven't been to it, but I spoke with the owner, who seemed very nice, when I was considering this venue. They even have a nice gazebo where you could have the ceremony.

The price for the ceremony is $300 plus $2.50/chair.
    The price for the reception is $46/plate.

First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've been to several weddings at this location and it's great. Food is good too!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Eureka has a country club with indoor and outdoor locations, I believe it is fairly reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having ours this october at the Oakland House and even having to rent the tent and equipment, it's still reasonable! Give Jean a call and she will mail you the price guide but can quote you over the phone too

www.afftonoaklandhouse.com
  • ANYONE know where  you can rent a barn for awedding/ reception aroud st charles/wentzville mo?
  • The Wine Country Gardens website says they are open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Is that the case for the winery in general or also for weddings? Does anyone know what the time of your rental (ceremony and reception) includes? Want to make sure there is enough time to set up and plenty of time to party well into the night!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards